Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re lights

Wanni

Hi I've just purchased a rav 4 hybrid 2017 excel uk model, having had lexus before  it's annoying that when unlocking the doors the external lights don't come on, interior do is there a way to get around this ta 

16 minutes ago, Wanni said:

Hi I've just purchased a rav 4 hybrid 2017 excel uk model, having had lexus before  it's annoying that when unlocking the doors the external lights don't come on, interior do is there a way to get around this ta 

Same in mine. You can manually activate 'follow me home' by pulling the lights stalk when leaving the car but that's not what your are asking about. 

Was just wondering if it's a setting think that maybe dealers can do or a after market kit that a auto lecky sort anyone any ideas? 

Sos got another question, does anyone now where to get a UK rhd, window control unit that lights up 

I don’t think that the external lights come on in any of the latest Toyota range of cars in the uk when unlocking the car I know that the latest rav4 excel has puddle lights that come on when you unlock the car. 

I can’t understand Toyota’s way of adding features to there cars eg: my corolla excel has not got a heated steering wheel yet the latest rav 4 excel has also you can specify a Corolla T/S 2.0 with a pan roof but you can’t on the 1.8 it doesn’t make sense.

1 hour ago, Wanni said:

Was just wondering if it's a setting think that maybe dealers can do or a after market kit that a auto lecky sort anyone any ideas? 

I connected mine via Techstream and there is no option to activate this feature. I have settings for dome lights, footwell but nothing to activate DRLs or headlights

Here are the puddle/welcome lights on mine. OEM kit for Quasqai tapped into the dome light. 

IMG_20201209_172547.jpg

So they come on when you unlock car and interior lights come on ye? This would be possible to have lights in the underside of the mirrors poss some led strip 

8 minutes ago, Wanni said:

So they come on when you unlock car and interior lights come on ye? This would be possible to have lights in the underside of the mirrors poss some led strip 

Correct. They turn on when I unlock the car, when I get close to a locked car and also when I open the doors. They are in sync with the interior dome light.