Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Corolla Hybrid Bulbs

AKLZ

Hello; search function didn’t help me (apologies if I missed any useful threads), but I wonder if we could use this thread to clarify and consolidate knowledge on all the bulbs used in the new (2019/2020) Corolla Hybrids, specifically the TS which I have, but for fairness the HB also.

Exactly what bulb types are currently installed (fitting type but also LED/Halogen/other type).

I am keen to replace my rear licence plate bulbs and possibly the interior roof (?dome I think they’re called) bulbs with brighter LED type. I could try to remove the current ones to inspect what they are, but hoped someone here could offer me authoritative information before I did.

Many thank in advance, as always, to the amazingly helpful posters here!

Re: rear licence plate bulbs, google suggests (inconclusively) that these would be ‘T10 168 W5W’ bulbs, whatever this means, but what brightness? I don’t think I want side-light brightness bulbs above the licence plate? The reason I want to change is this: 

I can't help with the bulb fitments in a Corolla, but a W5W looks like this:-

https://www.osram.com/ecat/ORIGINAL - GLASS WEDGE BASE-Signal lamps-Car lighting-Automotive/com/en/GPS01_1057061/ZMP_1285773/

Although in an Auris, the interior lights are W8W in our car, so 60% brighter than a W5W.

Just posted a response in another thread are the newer corollas not all led apart from the plate lights ? the base models may not have led's

w5w are 5w capless type (501) iirc the LED equivalent is T10

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Just posted a response in another thread are the newer corollas not all led apart from the plate lights ? the base models may not have led's

w5w are 5w capless type (501) iirc the LED equivalent is T10

My Excel 2.0L certainly appears to have LED headlights. 

Im slightly worried that the LED bulbs might be excessively bright in the plate lights?

The salt marks are driving me mad (see other thread in the OP) so I’m keen to change the bulbs

Led's will not run as hot, not had an issue with w5w's even the Philips white vision w5w, i wonder if there is an issue with the bulbs and/or the sockets, high resistance (corrosion) will cause heat, as for brightness they are behind defused lenses what angles the light so don't see an issue

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/9014777273?iid=174073055797

I have these but haven’t fit them yet, however they have really good reviews. May google it to find better price elsewhere. They also offer 3 levels of lightning power: 6800k, 6000k , 4000k and yellow 2000k. I went for cool white 6000k and think will fit into headlights as parking light filament, some said passes mot without issue as long as they are not blue or ultra bright, should have gone for the 4000k spec instead. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retrofit-W2-1x9-5d-interior-2850CW-02B-passenger/dp/B0088XET0S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=13F8W8ZFHWBSN&dchild=1&keywords=osram+w5w+led+bulb&qid=1609926632&sprefix=Osram+w5w+%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links