Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7Jx15 wheels on Aygo mk1?

Edmond

Hi, I bought an Aygo for daily commute and I was trying to make some minor changes. 

I bought some nice used alloys, the only problem is the width of the wheels is 7J on 15 inch ET 38.

I fitted the wheels, and it doesn't seem to be rubbing against anything but the distance between the inner tyre and the shock absorber is only about 8mm. I was thinking to fit some 5mm spacers to increase that distance. 

Now my question is, does anyone know if it's in any way dangerous to do this change. Has anyone done it before. I thought is better to ask rather than investing money in refurbishing the alloys and buying new tyres(195/45/15).

20210103_172050.jpg

20210103_172215.jpg

20210103_172101.jpg

Edited by Edmond
Adding photos

• 2 months later...

Thinking of putting 15x7" inches wheels on mine so i'll tell if you didn't already found out 
If you found out did it fit ?

Hi, you can use these two websites that I shared in this topic and see what happens and how to play with wheel sizes. 

aftermarket wheels are insurance modification and some might even refuse to do it if you in Uk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1