Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Android Auto

edinburgh_lad

Last year Toyota hinted at Android Auto retrofit upgrades for some models. They were going to be around 50 quid if the car was going to be serviced at the same time. I've now booked a service with a local garage (not a Toyota one), but would be happy to cancel if I can get an Android Auto retrofitted on my 18 reg plate Yaris. Has there been any progress made with the availability of Android Auto on the Yaris? Does anyone know? I've searched on the Internet but nothing comes up. Thank you in advance. 

The Android Auto/Apple Carplay upgrade was for the Corolla and Rav4, which use a different multmedia unit to the 3rd generation Yaris (2011-2020). So not available for yours.

That's very disappointing. Probably it was another example of miss-selling by my local Toyota dealership, unfortunately.  

The later multimedia unit (MM17) was introduced with the Corolla and Rav4 from around March 2019, by which time the third generation Yaris was in its last year or so of production. Toyota wouldn't have included the updated multimedia unit for a model that late in its production run, and this would probably be the same for other manufacturers.

Having said that the Auto/Carplay update was only available for the Corolla/Rav4 from November 20.

They didn't offer AC/AA on the gen3 Yaris in the UK, so not mis sold

In Europe, they had the TAS500 (2018 onwards) but it doesn't support a lot of features, setting up the reverse cam needs wiring for it to work in some cases

The hardware will be capably of AA/AC but it will not get the update purely because the Gen3 is discontinued