Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen wet inside

welshviking

Hi, Bought my son a 14 reg Aygo back in August for when he passes his test, unfortunately his lessons have been put on hold for the 3rd time due to covid so the car has not moved in months. The issue I have is now winter is here the inside of the windscreen is soaking wet again. Just to add the boot / under the spare wheel is bone dry as are the seats and under the carpets are dry so no leaks in this one. I have tried placing the heater settings on different settings and closing the vents to stop moisture entering the car but still its getting wet. Any ideas please.........Thanks Colin 

Checked under the front footwell carpets? Has been known for the foam surrounds of the front door Speakers to hold water and leak into the car. Think modified surrounds are available.

Otherwise as the car hasn't moved/used for months, may just be condensation, especially if kept outside. Try drying the windscreen and consider buying a reusuable dehumidifier bag or similar available from Amazon, etc. I've found these effective in the past. Also try closing the air vents when not the car isn't being used.

• Like 1

Aygos do suffer with condensation, especially cold days. Mine had been parked up since Tuesday, after getting the snow off, the condensation had been developing, and then it froze on the inside as well. I've had 2 previous ones, in addition to the one I have now, and I'm forever having to put the blower on high just to clear the windscreen.

• Like 1

if the carpets are dry id say its just due to being stood , when its a dry breezy day i would crack the windows open and air out the car , if you see the screen is damp dry it off with some paper towel 

• Like 1

Apologise for not answering but been a bit busy decorating. Front footwell carpets are dry, I think its probably just a case of it has not moved for nearly 5 months. I have ordered a reusable dehumidifier bag as suggested by Frostyballs and will try it to see if any improvement occurs. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links