Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Buy A 2007 2.2 XTR Advice Please.

Turbodrive

I'm looking to buy a 2007 Rav4 2.2 XTR. 78,000 miles with full Toyota service history. Just checked the DVLA site for past MOT's and it has only failed once, in October 2019 for the fault listed below.
Repair immediately (major defects):
Nearside Seat belt anchorage prescribed area strength or continuity significantly reduced (7.1.1 (a) (i))
Offside Seat belt anchorage prescribed area strength or continuity significantly reduced (7.1.1 (a) (i))
Does this sound like something major, and if it has been repaired what should I be looking out for?
I will be checking all the normal things like steering, brakes, lighting, heater, air con and electrics, but is there anything specific I should look out for? 
Thanks.

It sounds like body rot, doesn't it?  It all depends on how well the repair was done, and whether there are any other examples of rot in the structure.  I wouldn't buy without an examination by an independent expert.

It does sound like rot, just wondered why it had suddenly appeared, I thought it would have been steadily progressive and been an advisory on earlier MOT's. 

That assumes previous testers were as diligent as the most recent.

4 hours ago, Turbodrive said:

It does sound like rot, just wondered why it had suddenly appeared, I thought it would have been steadily progressive and been an advisory on earlier MOT's. 

I had the same issue when I nearly bought a freelander, it was one owner fsh, garage said it was just a fussy mot tester and they had took car in on px, and hadn’t been up on ramp, they where trying to dismiss what it said on mot history

Anyway  got it upon ramp and brought along a mechanic friend it had been welded  made a good job, but I just didn’t like idea it had rotted, it was alot newer than this vehicle and idea of rot so early on frightened me, I walked away

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links