Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turn brightness down on CarPlay?

TescoExpress

Hey everyone,

So I have had a MK2 Aygo screen put into my Mk1. (All working great!) however the only issue I find is when I am using the Apple Carplay feature, the screen is extremely bright, especially in the evenings when driving and using Waze.

Does anyone know how to turn the brightness down? I have even tried turning down in the screen's original settings but this makes no difference to Apple Carplay..

Hi Matt,

I also encounter this issue, as even with the screen brightness set to its lowest setting when the headlights are on, I find the screen to be distracting while driving at night. My solution is to use the "Screen Off" function at the top right of the settings menu, however I tend to only listen to music through CarPlay and you may find this difficult if you are using navigation.

Interested to hear if anyone else has a better solution - perhaps a software update if there is one?

Does it dim/illuminate with the lights on ? It should be under Setup - Display you can toggle the day mode on/off

• 1 month later...

@TescoExpress I finally found the solution! When CarPlay is connected and your headlights are on, go to Settings > Display > Apple CarPlay and you can adjust the brightness. Can’t believe I hadn’t seen that already! :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stewr7 said:

@TescoExpress I finally found the solution! When CarPlay is connected and your headlights are on, go to Settings > Display > Apple CarPlay and you can adjust the brightness. Can’t believe I hadn’t seen that already! :laughing:

You absolute life saver. Thank you for sharing!! :D 

20 hours ago, stewr7 said:

How did I miss that?  Has the CarPlay settings option always been there?  I’ve just set my brightness down to a more manageable level, thank you!