Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto - Does the original infotainment system still work if upgraded to AA?

Jiff

Just a quick answer required, my service is due and I've asked if they can upgrade to Android Auto.

I've never used AA but what I'd like to know is, if I don't like it, will the original Toyota system still be available, or is it an either / or? I assume it will be available.

Thanks

Jiff

Yes it should do to be honest I haven’t used android auto much then again I haven’t driven the car much due to lock down going to ask my insurance for a rebate! the Toyota system is ok only thing is it doesn’t show the vehicle speed on the sat nav where as it does if you use waze as navigation and of course you have to connect it via usb.

Yep, the original system will still work.
AA will only kick in when you connect your phone with the AA ap loaded, with a USB lead.

Thanks for the reply folks. Although I'm not a fan of the inbuilt system, I'd hate to loose it as at least I know it works (sort of).

At least I can see how AA works and go back if I don't like it 😀

Regards

jeff

Good luck! Make sure you have a cable that also transfers data. I sat there for 30 minutes getting very frustrated until i tried another cable!

Good luck with asking for an insurance rebate due to Covid lack of use. If you are serious and get it please post on here!!!

Article in yesterday's Telegraph.  some give a rebate some will offer an adjustment on renewal if you paid annual.  My daughter got rebates with John Lewis.  I am with Aviva who apparently consider an adjustment at renewal.  My renewal is due May so I shall wait awhile.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:18 PM, billmuirca2 said:

Good luck with asking for an insurance rebate due to Covid lack of use.

Some insurance companies will provide refunds or adjust premiums if the annual mileage actually done due to Covid is a lot less than the mileage the policy is based on. Eg - Lockdown car insurance refunds | Direct Line

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links