Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Rev Counter 2019 Aygo

Carsten Hjorth

Hi!

I can find many topics where this is discussed, but none describing the procedure or if it actually works.

I have bought a 55410-0H010 from eBay and will try and fit it soon.

Off course i will need the odometer matched, maybe i will try to either move the rev counter part in to the old unit, or move the eeprom from the old to the new.

Any help how to take the old speedo unit out?

Or if anyone has tried this, any information would be appreciated!

Regards from Denmark

The unit linked to is from the second generation (2014>) rather than the first (2005-2014) as per your profile - not sure whether it will fit as they are different instrument clusters.

I am working on a second gen car, 2019 model. It would be some job to get it to fit in the first generation ;o)

Please update your profile.

But i still owns a 2008, the car im working on is my nieces car ;o)

If its from a mk 2 it should fit a mk2 be aware there will be some variation between years - i assume your niece has the base car with no rev counter

Not sure if you can get to the screws behind the steering wheel or if you need to remove the airbag and wheel first

Aygo mk2 gauges.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it is done! And it works. You can get the whole unit out without removing the steering wheel, but it is probably better to do so...

The biggest issue was adjusting the mileage, I desoldered the Eeprom 93a66 and went to work with the hex editor and a programmer, lots of info on the web, this is standard Toyota algorithm.

So the 2014- works well  in a 2020 model.

Thanks for the update, eeprom flashing is a dying art and there's not that many people who would attempt it, hopefully you took a bin dump of the chip

the last eeprom I did was a password locked Panasonic Toughbook

• 1 year later...

Hello , could you explain how you removeved the instrument panel without removing the steering wheel?

thanks

You don't have to remove the wheel to remove instruments, the 2 screws - turn the wheel to the right - remove the screw then turn left to remove the other

No problems at all for the screws, the problem is remove the plastic cover (blu item in the attached Photo) to have access to 2 screws for remove the unit. I can't take it off, is there a way without breaking it? 😁

68BF28FA-7819-48AF-BCCA-588D0B58B79D.jpeg

9 hours ago, Umberto70 said:

No problems at all for the screws, the problem is remove the plastic cover (blu item in the attached Photo) to have access to 2 screws for remove the unit. I can't take it off, is there a way without breaking it? 😁

Remove the bottom half first? That's what worked on the Mk1.

It's held by 2 clips, you need to remove the rear trim first

Thanks for the replies, i will try to do as you said.  If everithing ok, I will only have    the orange faulty crossing system warning light.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

829954074_kgb40instcluster.thumb.jpg.44a23e3e3edad80321af953d1c2218e0.jpg

Hi Flash you are right, but with the mounted steering wheel does not allow me to extract the piece you say. I cannot pull the piece towards the steering wheel and then remove it.  There is no space.

Have you tried it with the wheel turned upside down

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Have you tried it with the wheel turned upside down

Yes I have.  I also tried to turn the steering wheel only 90 degrees but unfortunately there is just no space. 
It seems so strange  for removing the instrument panel I also have to remove the steering wheel!!

F2542A56-B9C8-4FBC-8AFB-974879B81324.thumb.jpeg.2b5dc2477fc54eaff1c578365a58dc51.jpegHi everyone,

thanks also to your support and patience, I was finally able to mount the new instrument panel.  the only thing to solve now is the LDA (Lane Change Assist) light.  I don't know whether to go to a Peugeot shop assistant or to an auto electrician.

Thanks again 

3 options, take it to the dealer and get it coded to the car, find someone to remove the programming it out of the EEPROM or desolder the LED's as long as it's not giving any other warnings on the LCD/audible sounds

the other option is to swap the EEPROM chip from the original to the new gauges

For the first option (codec to the dialer) you mean codec by ODB 2 port?