Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rav4

elezi

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has had this problem with their Rav and can tell me what it might be. I have 2002 Rav4 D4D 2.0L and it losing power som time ...and producing white smoke.. I do not have much money to fix it but this car is a memory ... and it means a lot to me ...please please help me

Is it loosing coolant white smoke is usually antifreeze entering the combustion chamber might be head gasket gone or on way out unfortunately, see if there is any bubbling in the header tank when engine is running, a garage could do a pressure test for you to check the head gasket and also a sniff test on the coolant header tank to see if exhaust gases are entering the coolant system.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, elezi said:

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has had this problem with their Rav and can tell me what it might be. I have 2002 Rav4 D4D 2.0L and it losing power som time ...and producing white smoke.. I do not have much money to fix it but this car is a memory ... and it means a lot to me ...please please help me

I was very careful with the temperature .. one day it happened to me that the radiator had a very small leak ..after I fixed it I have no problem with the antifreeze but sometimes I hear a noise of water as the engine stops..I have another problem ..motor from time to time loses power I have to start it then start again for the fig to come .. after I cleaned the turbo this problem happens to me again ... what can I do please.

.I have another problem ..motor from time to time loses power I have to stop  it then start again for the power to come .. after I cleaned the turbo this problem happens to me again ... what can I do please.

I don't know about the turbo. On a diesel engine it sounds like the EGR getting clogged, but yours is a 2002 model, I don't know if they were fitted with EGR.