Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comparison New Yaris and previous model Hybrid

Bernard Foy

Hi All,

I’ve just taken the New Yaris out for a short test drive. Here are some of the things that I don’t like about the car. The seat seems a bit hard, I don’t like the two puny little windscreen wipers, the lack of storage in the doors, the plastic door cards which look like fabric, noisy exhaust. Performance wise it’s a much more responsive car, a joy to drive, and overall a much improved car. The pros far outweigh the cons. Much better on road feel. These are just my humble non-expert observations on a short hilly 4 mile run on a cold winters day.

• Like 1

It's a very different car, New platform, New 3 pot 1.5 engine (3 pots have their own sound), lithium Battery pack, prices seem a bit steep to me but with Brexit I hope it doesn't gain a tariff like the new fiesta does (£1700 price hike)

What spec car did you drive ?

Like for like of what i have now retail is £24.500

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It's a very different car, New platform, New 3 pot 1.5 engine (3 pots have their own sound), lithium battery pack, prices seem a bit steep to me but with Brexit I hope it doesn't gain a tariff like the new fiesta does (£1700 price hike)

What spec car did you drive ?

Like for like of what i have now retail is £24.500

Yes 3 pots the reason for the little growl, as it’s manufactured in France I would imagine that there is a tariff, like the Fiesta, is the Fiesta made in Spain? I live in Rep of Ireland and it’s spec is called the Luna. Which I believe is one spec above the basic model. But has enough toys, I intend to keep it for at least another year as nowadays I only do 3 to 3 1/2 thousand miles per year. Another thing I’m not in love with is the button electric  handbrake!!

I've never driven the Old Yaris hybrid, but took a test drive of the new one and wanted it straight away.

It's so smooth, rides comfortably and i managed to get brilliant MPG on the one hour test drive. Love all the safety equipment too.

I came from Volkswagen, i wasn't expecting to say this, but i thought the new Yaris was more refined than my VW's and Skoda's that i've owned, I'm hoping it proves to be as reliable.

It is expensive, but if you spec up a Polo with cruise control and the autobox it's about the same, and that doesn't come with the hybrid economy

• Like 1

All cars prices went up by 20-30% since 2015, that was the last year of bargain car prices, now there are still offers and discounts but only on cars that are of low buyers interest, hybrids are sought after particularly Toyota and that’s the results. , at least they hold their value best. The new Yaris just as bigger sister Corolla both best in class. 👍🚗🚙

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links