Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad mist and condensation on all windows

Jules001

1741F691-F109-4306-A764-C510412D7FC9.thumb.jpeg.33a7f8d6446ddfd16b7f7da44c4131ed.jpeg

Problems with mist/condensation on inside windows Only had this car a couple months 70 Reg It seems like the worst car I have had for this I have to drive with the AC on to clear and heater on cold temp first  . go shopping get back after about 4 hours it’s all steamed up again from inside looking around no other cars in car park is like this then it’s very slow and takes me 5 mins to clear  wondering if all new aygo are the same .Surely using air con all time will cost me money  and some horsepower is loss Also when it rains I notice water on the inside the the chassis on the middle pillar side sills from where the doors sit against it    It can be there days I have asked a others with other car models and there’s are dry and even dusty I know seals where a problem with the old model but it is still a problem. Surely brand new should not get this I have added some photos can this be the problem causing the bad condensation 

D936BEDA-7C02-4383-A6C7-858C3A45B978.jpeg

F6DE946B-EACC-484E-A0F0-9E15EEC7447F.jpeg

15735E07-38ED-4EC0-BB65-A93525190AD8.jpeg

44FA9014-DA3B-4E89-AA97-CF3BA9C9A6A0.jpeg

BD84687D-109B-474B-9746-0DFEEEB7F346.jpeg

1741F691-F109-4306-A764-C510412D7FC9.jpeg

Why have the heater on cold? The air con, which will provide dehumidified air, coupled with heat should clear the condensation. I've used the air con together with heat from the heater since 1998, after being shown it by a Nissan dealer, without any issue. Closing the air vents when parked should also help.

As regards the water on the sills, this could be from the drainage holes in the doors. Only an issue if it is leaking inside the car, past the door seals. The doors will be designed to drain water away that has travelled through via the window seals.

• Like 2

I have read posts saying use the Air con with cold first other wise it mists more with the warm so I use cold first then warm , when I turn it off after it clears it just seems to mist up again slowly starts around the edge then when I put the air con on again the whole window mists and I can’t see this happened on the motorway and it’s so dangerous . Also  wondering if anyone else has water around where the doors sits inside after it rains as shown in photos in my last thread before this one . I have added some photos of the front and side window regards condensation sorry the image was taken on my phone 

043CA79C-56F7-499B-A8DC-9C4EA673AEE2.jpeg

29E9F37D-BBB3-4850-B338-FC3A0038278A.jpeg

You don't have the air control on recirc do you?

Drops of water on the outer sill, as in your photo, isn't actually inside the cabin. If water is getting into the cabin, the carpets would be wet - are they?

On both of our cars we leave the air con on all the time (have done for a number of years) and the cost is negligible as modern air con systems are quite efficient compared to the '90's when we first had air con.

• Like 2

At the end of the day if you're concerned about it, pop it back to the dealer and ask them to check it.

I don't use the AC, I just stick the blower on full. The heat doesn't work at first because the engine isn't warmed up, although I have it set to heat so it'll come on as soon as the engine has warmed up. I set it to recirculate first, then as it dries, I switch it to letting fresh air in.

• Like 1

If the car gets misting inside too much is very likely to have water leak somewhere, best to check boot and rear foot wells, and all carpets of the car. If you are using AC in winter to dry the cabin you have to use all the time as the ac helps to clean the windows first and then if you switch off windows get misting again fast, I keep only heater on set at 22c° fan speed two and blowing towards windscreen and footwell, intake air from outside as it’s fresh and drier than from the inside and works best for me. Also they are dehumidifiers different types , you can buy and place some of these around the interior, I done it and collects moisture really well. 👍

I've left the aircon on 24/7/365 ever since I got my first car with aircon in 1999.

My Mk1 had the (usual) front door seal and rear light leaks but my Mk2 seems pretty watertight, and the aircon clears the screen and windows within a few hundred yards even on the wettest of mornings.

sounds like its got a water leak , have a proper look around under the carpets etc , no anount of heating controls or gadgets will overcome a water leak

ive never heard of anyone using a/c on cold...needs the heat to get the water into the air , then crack a window and let it air out a bit

next time theres a sunny day or a good breeze i would crack the windows down to see if will dry out a little bit

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

sounds like its got a water leak , have a proper look around under the carpets etc , no anount of heating controls or gadgets will overcome a water leak

ive never heard of anyone using a/c on cold...needs the heat to get the water into the air , then crack a window and let it air out a bit

next time theres a sunny day or a good breeze i would crack the windows down to see if will dry out a little bit

Air conditioning helps get the moisture dried quickly and it’s useful in winter times too especially on a short town trips where there is no enough time for the heating to get into proper temperature and dry the air and moisture, however if you use an AC in winter and damp weather you have to keep it ON otherwise once you switched off and the windows will mist badly due to immediate form of condensation into the air pipes and between ac core and heater core, I personally do not like AC and always allow more time for my windows to get clean naturally by the heating only and crack a bit the windows to let the moisture out. If the windows mist that badly there is water leak 100% somewhere. 👍

On 1/16/2021 at 3:08 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

You don't have the air control on recirc do you?

+1

It would instantly fill the car with condensation.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

My hilux 2017 may have front windscreen leak i suspect with inferior sealant that is being used. 

Its bad with windows open and heat on and recirc open . Does anyone know what the block at the top on drivers side with the wire in the windscreen is for ?