Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OB2 Car Reader - Codes Not Found

webjaved

Hello,

I have a OB2 Car reader that use to work fine, I think someone has mistakenly deleted the error codes that are stored on it. Is there a way I can connect it to the computer and reinstall the codes back into the OB2 reader? 

If in the wrong part of the forum, please can you move for me, thank you. 

Thanks

Javed

Screenshot_20210116-191022.jpg

Moved to the Auris club.

contact the manufacturer , but really i wouldn't of thought you could

delete the codes on the reader

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1.8 hybrid said:

contact the manufacturer , but really i wouldn't of thought you could

delete the codes on the reader

I've emailed Konnwei about it, there's a page on their website that shows how to update the car reader. I've ordered the USB cable from Amazon, so I guess I can try that. 

It would always pick something up on my dad's vehicle and another vehicle, but it just cannot find any codes, even when a car is faulty it didn't bring back any codes. 

Let's see if I get a reply back from the manufacturer. 

Agree with @1.8hybrid, would think its very unlikely anyone could delete just the error codes in its memory.

However if you look again  at that site you will see that it states your model is not available as a download update.

KW808 & KW820  don't not support online update anymore .

First thing to try is to disconnect its Battery for say a hour, then reconnect, this should cause a system reset and the codes might reappear.

Also check all the menus incase its possible to hide or prevent  the codes showing or its stuck in some other menu/function - though would think thats unlikely ??

What might have happened is that someone has electrically/internally  damaged the unit, so it might be a new unit  ?

Before discarding, test on your car again but first , disconnect a sensor and start the car to force the engine check light to come on and see if the reader can detect that.

3 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Agree with @1.8hybrid, would think its very unlikely anyone could delete just the error codes in its memory.

However if you look again  at that site you will see that it states your model is not available as a download update.

First thing to try is to disconnect its battery for say a hour, then reconnect, this should cause a system reset and the codes might reappear.

Also check all the menus incase its possible to hide or prevent  the codes showing or its stuck in some other menu/function - though would think thats unlikely ??

What might have happened is that someone has electrically/internally  damaged the unit, so it might be a new unit  ?

Before discarding, test on your car again but first , disconnect a sensor and start the car to force the engine check light to come on and see if the reader can detect that.

Thank you for the pointers, I will take a look at that when I get a moment. You might be right that it's just not finding a fault on the car and it might be working, if not, then it's useless.

Thanks again. 

I had the engine light on 2 days ago, it's appeared again so I've plugged in the diagnostic machine and it works! Hooray! 

The codes showed up, now I need to find out how to fix this problem on the car. 

IMG_20210118_155644__01.jpg

Once logged an error code should stay in the ECUs memory, but if the Battery was disconnected it will be lost.

Plenty of help on the web about that error code, but if buying a new sensor ,be wary of cheap ones.

https://www.engine-codes.com/p2196_toyota.html