Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P2196 Code: O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Rich (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

webjaved

This is what Toyota have sent over to me.

Good morning. The part number for the Oxygen sensor on this vehicle is 89465-12A50
Description - SENSOR, OXYGEN

The vehicle also has an Air Fuel ratio sensor which some may confuse with an oxygen sensor. The part number for this is: 89467-52070
Description - SENSOR, AIR FUEL RATIO

We have attached a screenshot from the parts catalogue showing the positions. On the diagram the Oxygen sensor is shown as 89465 and the Air fuel ratio sensor is shown as 89467B. Hope this helps.

R8_A2lNR.png medium.png

Sensor 1 is in the exhaust manifold known as the Air/Fuel sensor by toyota

89467-52090 and 89467-52070 both cross reference to the Denso DOX-0510

So it did turn out that I ordered the wrong part for the car! I knew it. 😔

So the part number for the sensor that is at the front of the car, right in view when you pop the bonnet open is 89467-52070 Denso 1410 07L09

So @flash22you were correct.

Right, now I can get the correct part ha-ha! 😁

Once it has been fitted in, will the engine light turn off on it's own or will I need to reset it? (taking the negative lead off the Battery for 20mins)

it should self clear after a short drive, if not reset with a scan tool or disconnect the Battery for 15-20 mins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

it should self clear after a short drive, if not reset with a scan tool or disconnect the battery for 15-20 mins

Ah right, a short drive it is then to see if it turns off on it's own, if not, I will disconnect the Battery. Cheers.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, flash22 said:

Sensor 1 is in the exhaust manifold known as the Air/Fuel sensor by toyota

89467-52090 and 89467-52070 both cross reference to the Denso DOX-0510

I've asked the guy on eBay and he sent me this link for the above

I've messaged him and given him my car reg, make and model so he can check to see if it's in stock.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. You people are amazing. 

My car has now been sorted out, the correct part was fitted & a 10-15min drive around the area resulted in the engine light going off. 

Thanks again. I really appreciate the support. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, webjaved said:

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. You people are amazing. 

My car has now been sorted out, the correct part was fitted & a 10-15min drive around the area resulted in the engine light going off. 

Thanks again. I really appreciate the support. 

Ηey mate did you have any problem with the same DTC again or was it fixed with the replacement part?

Was it easy to remove the A/F sensor?

I have an Auris 1.33 and the sensor seems to be stuck on manifold...

Garage shop suggest me to remove the manifold so they could try to unbolt it.

1 hour ago, BlackAuris said:

Ηey mate did you have any problem with the same DTC again or was it fixed with the replacement part?

Was it easy to remove the A/F sensor?

I have an Auris 1.33 and the sensor seems to be stuck on manifold...

Garage shop suggest me to remove the manifold so they could try to unbolt it.

From what I can remember it was VERY simple to change the part. 5mins job in total. I bought a DENSO part, the original, no problems at all since replacing the old knackered sensor. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webjaved said:

From what I can remember it was VERY simple to change the part. 5mins job in total. I bought a DENSO part, the original, no problems at all since replacing the old knackered sensor. 

I have the part which is the same as yours (Denso dox-0510) but they just couldn't get the old one out when they tried to.

Practically it'd be a 5 minute job but in my case it won't work like that i guess.

Thanks for the feedback though.

It gives me the confidence that if i replace the af sensor it will fix P2196 code...

2 hours ago, BlackAuris said:

I have the part which is the same as yours (Denso dox-0510) but they just couldn't get the old one out when they tried to.

Practically it'd be a 5 minute job but in my case it won't work like that i guess.

Thanks for the feedback though.

It gives me the confidence that if i replace the af sensor it will fix P2196 code...

If they haven’t destroyed the nut on the sensor and you have a special tool to undo it best way to do so is to have the car parked for few hours or after overnight on cold start the engine and let it run for max 5 min then switch it off and carefully touch the pipe, should feel slightly warm like room temperature 20C °, this is when sensors or plugs come off easily. 
Good luck 🤞 

Socket Set 'Oxygen Sensor Sockets' 2pc 22mm (7/8in.) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008C7PP6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5JTK0ECNM2CRJ6VNQDYS

At'least you can still drive the car until fixed.

It might have a bit worse MPG due to running on richer mixture, but still safe to drive around.

Shop is being kinda lazy asking you to remove the part, then just bring to them "on a plate" to replace 1 sensor, might as well do it yourself it you go through the hassle of taking it all out.

Check engine light should disappear on it's own  after 5-10 minutes, when the sensor is replaced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links