Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, new to forum

frazerreed

Hi all hope this finds every one well, this is my first time own this forum so hope all goes well.

I own a Toyota Avensis D4D 2L diesel estate 2007.

Thought all was fine until I started it this morning and the Battery light and empty the feul filter orange light came on and hasnt disappeared. I have tried a garage but due to covid restrictions they are limiting appointments.

I have also found on youtube a video with exactly the same issues, is this normal? 

Would really appreciate any advice 

Thanks in advance

Not sure why the Battery light is on are all the drive belts in the engine tight and intact put a volt meter across the Battery terminals and see what the voltage is with engine running should be around 14.5 volts.

The empty fuel filter light probably means you need to undo the knurled screw on the bottom of the fuel filter to allow any water that has accumulated in the filter to drain out.

46 minutes ago, frazerreed said:

Hi all hope this finds every one well, this is my first time own this forum so hope all goes well.

I own a Toyota Avensis D4D 2L diesel estate 2007.

Thought all was fine until I started it this morning and the battery light and empty the feul filter orange light came on and hasnt disappeared. I have tried a garage but due to covid restrictions they are limiting appointments.

I have also found on youtube a video with exactly the same issues, is this normal? 

Would really appreciate any advice 

Thanks in advance

25 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Not sure why the battery light is on are all the drive belts in the engine tight and intact put a volt meter across the battery terminals and see what the voltage is with engine running should be around 14.5 volts.

The empty fuel filter light probably means you need to undo the knurled screw on the bottom of the fuel filter to allow any water that has accumulated in the filter to drain out.

Hi, Rosgoe, appreciate your thoughts & thank you for the quick reply.

I will check the Battery voltage. Is it safe to drive tho?

Regarding draining excess water from the fuel filter, is it something I can access and drain myself as mind blowing trying to find location online? 

cheers 

20 minutes ago, frazerreed said:

Hi, Rosgoe, appreciate your thoughts & thank you for the quick reply.

I will check the battery voltage. Is it safe to drive tho?

Regarding draining excess water from the fuel filter, is it something I can access and drain myself as mind blowing trying to find location online? 

cheers 

Yes should be safe to drive check the drive belts though alternator etc drain valve will be on bottom of filter might be a nut or a winged valve just open it a little sorry don’t know where the filter is located on your vehicle, you should be able to do it yourself good luck.

2 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Yes should be safe to drive check the drive belts though alternator etc drain valve will be on bottom of filter might be a nut or a winged valve just open it a little sorry don’t know where the filter is located on your vehicle, you should be able to do it yourself good luck.

I will give it a go 

much appreciated 

cheers 

Moved to the Avensis club.