Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with electrics after replacing battery.

tominsh31

Hello, everyone!

After replacing battery(the same parameters as before) my Toyota Corlla Verso Year 2008, has some problems with electrics. Interior lights doesn't work, clock resets when car is turned off, fuel gauge and tachometer stays one after turning car off. I've checked fuses, everything ok there, what could be the problem? Maybe short-circuit? Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance! Stay healthy.

Hi, I am not sure what can be but someone had something similar and he did disconnected the negative terminal for 20 min, then connected again and no problems ever since, you may want to try that if you haven’t already. 👍

41 minutes ago, Antaa999 said:

Make sure you connect the battery right and check fuses on the battery positive terminal.

Where can I find these fuses? That's the fuse box located in engine room?

Just try the Battery disconnect first that TonyHSD mentioned earlier. Just isolate the negative Battery lead only for a few minutes. Make sure you have no key in the ignition when you do this. Everything must be off.

29 minutes ago, Mooly said:

Make sure you have no key in the ignition when you do this

Further to Mooly's post, when the 12v Battery is reconnected, the car's central locking will usually lock all the doors instantly.  It's worth making sure you are prepared for this event!

Stay safe!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, Gerg said:

Further to Mooly's post, when the 12v battery is reconnected, the car's central locking will usually lock all the doors instantly.  It's worth making sure you are prepared for this event!

Stay safe!

On 1/20/2021 at 4:45 PM, Mooly said:

Just try the battery disconnect first that TonyHSD mentioned earlier. Just isolate the negative battery lead only for a few minutes. Make sure you have no key in the ignition when you do this. Everything must be off.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:03 PM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, I am not sure what can be but someone had something similar and he did disconnected the negative terminal for 20 min, then connected again and no problems ever since, you may want to try that if you haven’t already. 👍

I did try. Nothing, same problem. Wellp, it was not 20mins it was like 5-8 minutes. Maybe someone knows more possible soulutions? What about that fuse thingy? 

Are you sure you got the correct Battery for your car, make sure the positive lead goes to the positive terminal

post a pic

what engine do you have, if petrol does it have stop start

If disconnecting the Battery hasn't fixed the issue then its looking more likely something untoward has occurred.

The next check that must be done is to actually measure the Battery voltage with it in place and all connected up, just in case the new Battery is faulty/discharged.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, flash22 said:

Are you sure you got the correct battery for your car, make sure the positive lead goes to the positive terminal

post a pic

what engine do you have, if petrol does it have stop start

it's the same Battery as previous one, same parameters,same ampers. I have a 2.2 D4D diesel, with start stop.

Also now the fuel gauge shows that the car has no fuel, but after few minutes it shows amount which is in the tank. I think it has something to do with electrics...

It sounds a weird issue but one that has been caused by Battery replacement.

You tried the reset but only for a few minutes... try it again, perhaps leave it overnight with the Battery disconnected. If it is still faulty then the only way forward is to diagnose a fault that is actually showing such as your incorrect fuel gauge. Doing that is probably beyond the scope of a forum like this but it would be the logical approach.

Try another reset first though and make sure there are no loose or missed off connections to the batteries terminal posts. There shouldn't be but make sure.

10 minutes ago, Mooly said:

It sounds a weird issue but one that has been caused by battery replacement.

You tried the reset but only for a few minutes... try it again, perhaps leave it overnight with the battery disconnected. If it is still faulty then the only way forward is to diagnose a fault that is actually showing such as your incorrect fuel gauge. Doing that is probably beyond the scope of a forum like this but it would be the logical approach.

Try another reset first though and make sure there are no loose or missed off connections to the batteries terminal posts. There shouldn't be but make sure.

Ok I will try reset again. Thanks for replying!

As Flash says above, it might be helpful for you to post a picture of both battery terminals, not least to see if there's some weirdness going on with multiple connections to the positive terminal.

41 minutes ago, Gerg said:

As Flash says above, it might be helpful for you to post a picture of both battery terminals, not least to see if there's some weirdness going on with multiple connections to the positive terminal.

sure thing, will do in a bit