Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing clutch on IQ?

KurlyKeef

Anyone had to replace the clutch on an IQ. How big a job is it and what sort of cost are we talking?

Around £375-£500 but that will vary greatly - you're best off phoning a few places local to you, a LUK kit will be around £120-150

• Like 1

Had mine done last year from a independent local garage all in quoted about a days worth of labour ~6 - 8 hours and cost me £430 for the 1.0l IQ to get it replaced.

• Like 1

My iQ 1.0L clutch went at 110K miles  a month ago and had to get tow back home by RAC, I had to get mobile mechanic as another tow to garget was costly and needed it repaired quickly.  I Found Williams mobile clutch service on youtube and saw they have worked on iQ's before they quoted me £475 and I paid £50 deposit to get it booked in, Some garages were cheaper but I weighed up towing costs and made sense to go with Williams. They are based in Bedford and I am in London.

On the day Kevin contacted me prior to arrival with ETA and when he arrived got to work took about 2-3 hours and job was done, showed me the old clutch and i witnessed him installing new clutch. My car now doesn't have that horrible vibration and works as new . If you go to you tube and search Toyota iQ clutch they have a video of them carrying out the repairs, and you can see what needs to be done.

Hope this helps.

Just to add I have no affiliation with William's mobile clutch service, just my honest experience with them 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys. The first garage I tried quoted me £600 but I found a smaller outfit that's going to do it for nearer £400 so consistent with prices above.

emzzy - mine is also the 1.0l with 120,000 on the clock. That's encouraging re the vibration being resolved at I have that issue as well and it is annoying.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Please could you tell me how difficult it would be to drop the clutch and gearbox out of a 2009  Toyota IQ with 57,000 miles on the clock. 

2 hours ago, AFK said:

Please could you tell me how difficult it would be to drop the clutch and gearbox out of a 2009  Toyota IQ with 57,000 miles on the clock. 

Emmzy in a post just above made a suggestion, go to you tube where you will a video of it being done.