Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blower motor fuse T27

Mallion

Does anyone know how to change the fuses in this plastic compartment ? I think I may have blown a fuse for blower motor in my T27 when I jump started the car.

From what I can tell the fuse is either number 2 or 3 in diagram but no idea how to get at them ?

CE6F8E80-8856-4099-BB4A-670E40459DA0.jpeg

...it’s also possible i have the wrong location for blower fuse ? Or maybe I blew the resistor?

I am not sure where the blower fuse is that plastic cover you have circled looks like it is hinged,in the photo there is a small white fuse remover Toyota sometimes put this under the fuse cover but it looks like yours is located on the fuse board it has very small claws that grab the fuse you push that over the fuse pinch the remover together and pull the fuse out. It doesn’t look like those are fuses under that clear plastic cover I might be wrong

have a look under the passenger near side dash Toyota usually put another fuse board there and I would suspect one of those have blow.

A657A36A-9776-4077-8223-EA98C3DE68E8.jpeg

Any idea which number fuse it might be ? There’s one that says ‘air conditioning system’ in the diagram ?

1 hour ago, Mallion said:

Any idea which number fuse it might be ? There’s one that says ‘air conditioning system’ in the diagram ?

On the underneath of the fuse cover in the engine compartment will be a list of what fuses are related to what circuit, also there should be a cover on the fuse board underneath the passenger side dash with the same info on the underside of the cover.

It will be listed something like heater blower, I am not that familiar with the avensis but I think the electrics would be similar to a rav4 2.2 diesel that I had. If you can’t locate the correct fuse check em all if they are blown you will clearly see the melted wire.

28 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

On the underneath of the fuse cover in the engine compartment will be a list of what fuses are related to what circuit, also there should be a cover on the fuse board underneath the passenger side dash with the same info on the underside of the cover.

It will be listed something like heater blower, I am not that familiar with the avensis but I think the electrics would be similar to a rav4 2.2 diesel that I had. If you can’t locate the correct fuse check em all if they are blown you will clearly see the melted wire.

That’s great thanks a lot for the info. Will have another look 👍🏻

Do you have the owners manual? The manual details each of the fuse box locations, and what each fuse does. This varies depending on manufacturing years, but are generally very similar. Also you can download the owners manual from Toyota from 2011 onwards.

Here are pages from the owners manual for the dashboard fuse box:-
image.thumb.png.b005cf7aed5fbfad1107a7d618d6ef52.pngimage.thumb.png.3580b35f5e63a200429ba0c394f513a6.pngimage.thumb.png.36d3d05481db8e5816a2b5b90cd8218e.pngimage.thumb.png.2ecb047601b310daaebd9b8f686d608a.png 
Look at fuse location 15 rated at 10A for the heater (HTR). The fuse position and description are normal on a printed label on the cover lid. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, Konrad C said:

Do you have the owners manual? The manual details each of the fuse box locations, and what each fuse does. This varies depending on manufacturing years, but are generally very similar. Also you can download the owners manual from Toyota from 2011 onwards.

Here are pages from the owners manual for the dashboard fuse box:-
image.thumb.png.b005cf7aed5fbfad1107a7d618d6ef52.pngimage.thumb.png.3580b35f5e63a200429ba0c394f513a6.pngimage.thumb.png.36d3d05481db8e5816a2b5b90cd8218e.pngimage.thumb.png.2ecb047601b310daaebd9b8f686d608a.png 
Look at fuse location 15 rated at 10A for the heater (HTR). The fuse position and description are normal on a printed label on the cover lid. 

Thanks for the input much appreciated. Still no luck unfortunately. I’m thinking the actuator might be blown now. Any idea where it’s located ? I took out glovebox For a look (pic attached )

BD043FF0-992D-40A9-B1DA-4850CF8DDB9D.jpeg

Your first pic is of the Fusable link block

10 minutes ago, Mallion said:

Thanks for the input much appreciated. Still no luck unfortunately. I’m thinking the actuator might be blown now. Any idea where it’s located ? I took out glovebox For a look (pic attached )

BD043FF0-992D-40A9-B1DA-4850CF8DDB9D.jpeg

This is the internal fuse box the fuses are accessed under a flap on the bottom of this

The heater fan fuses are 30 amp in the middle row (square cartridge fuse) in the fuse box under the bonnet (No. 39 and 41) - No. 17 (50 amp) what is part of the fusible link block  there are also 3 relays in the relay box

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-avensis-t27-t270-2009-2018-fuses-and-relay

So what is the actual issue you're having ? Do you have manual or automatic A/C ?

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Your first pic is of the Fusable link block

This is the internal fuse box the fuses are accessed under a flap on the bottom of this

The heater fan fuses are 30 amp in the middle row (square cartridge fuse) in the fuse box under the bonnet (No. 39 and 41) - No. 17 (50 amp) what is part of the fusible link block  there are also 3 relays in the relay box

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-avensis-t27-t270-2009-2018-fuses-and-relay

So what is the actual issue you're having ? Do you have manual or automatic A/C ?

Hi. Thanks for the info. Yes I know where fuse box is under glove box. I just took our glove box to see if I could spot where the actuator was. 

The issue I’m having is I had a bad Battery and had to jump start the car. Since I jumped it the blower fan has stopped working. So I thought I might have blown something  jumping the car. Does The fusible link block contain fuses that can be changed? How is this done ? 

What are relays ? Can they blow too ?

The fusible link block is one piece, possibility of 2 different part numbers on a 2011, you will need to PM me your vin to find out the correct one

A relay, is basically a switch it lets you turn on a higher current load with a low current switch or control

TBH it could be any number of issues

59 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The fusible link block is one piece, possibility of 2 different part numbers on a 2011, you will need to PM me your vin to find out the correct one

A relay, is basically a switch it lets you turn on a higher current load with a low current switch or control

TBH it could be any number of issues

Thanks for your help. I think I’ll change out the 30 amp fuses and go from there. There is one each for heater 1,2 and 3 under the bonnet. 

So all fuses and relays are fine. I’m going to change the resistor and the blower motor.

Has anyone done this before on a T27 ?

• 4 weeks later...

So quick update in case anyone has similar problem:

The fusible link was blown AND the blower motor was also damaged. 

Changed both parts now working fine again

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mallion said:

The real concern for me is, what happened when you jump start? Last couple of years I had Battery issues, before finally changed the Battery. It got worse when the pandemic and restrictions began. I bought a small jump starter power pack, beginning of last year, after flattening the Battery installing a Dashcam and testing, plus listening to music while doing the install. A neighbour helped me jump start my car, but it could happen when nobody was available, hence the jumper pack. When I did the jumper lead process - both cars plus lead first then negative. Disconnected negative first, then positive. The jumper pack is the same. 
Another advantage with the jump pack, is reducing spikes and accidental shorting to either car. My friend used his car to jump start another and blew a fuse that caused problems! 
As soon as my battery starts to play up, after confirming the battery is the problem, I will replace it. Another thing. I have noticed after replacing the battery, little warning gremlins at start-up, have disappeared and the car behaves better!   

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mallion said:

Hi,

Have same problem and just found your post. Thanks.

I am assuming the Fusible Link is the long box with the clear cover? Did you just replace this, or the whole fuse unit?

TIA,

C.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:27 AM, Konrad C said:

The real concern for me is, what happened when you jump start? Last couple of years I had battery issues, before finally changed the battery. It got worse when the pandemic and restrictions began. I bought a small jump starter power pack, beginning of last year, after flattening the battery installing a dashcam and testing, plus listening to music while doing the install. A neighbour helped me jump start my car, but it could happen when nobody was available, hence the jumper pack. When I did the jumper lead process - both cars plus lead first then negative. Disconnected negative first, then positive. The jumper pack is the same. 
Another advantage with the jump pack, is reducing spikes and accidental shorting to either car. My friend used his car to jump start another and blew a fuse that caused problems! 
As soon as my battery starts to play up, after confirming the battery is the problem, I will replace it. Another thing. I have noticed after replacing the battery, little warning gremlins at start-up, have disappeared and the car behaves better!   

quick question about jumping i see online if jumping any car connect the positive to the dead car Battery and the negitive to some earth on the engine .if this is the way its dont would that cause faults in the car. i noticed when i bought my car Battery was done needed changed was original in the car from new back in 2014 well i noticed the 2.0 d4d would rev above 1k revs for a while no matter what temp was outside i thought did it when cold but nope still did it .but all good not never came back after changed old Battery.