Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer jet

sam0056

Hello people i need some advice my MOT is due and i discovered this morning that the washer jets were not spraying water on windscreen properly so i used a thin sewing needle to try to clear them. I managed to clear the passenger side jets but while poking the needle on the driver side in one of the jets the needle broke off  inside the jet. I tried to pull out the needle with a pair of nose pliers but it just slips. Then i tried to remove the heatshield from under the bonnet to see if i could take the jet out and do something or even replace it but the damn clips are so solid and wont budge at all. Does anyone know how to remove the heatshield clips or any other way i could remove the broke off needle somehow. Thanks in advance for reading. 

Try using side cutters to lever it out. Be careful not to cut the pin off by squeezing to hard.

Wire cutters used with light pressure can be good for gripping things. Just be careful not to cut any more off the broken piece. 

I would use blunt nose pliers and not long nose as you'll have more 'purchase' on the needle.

Poke a little bit of Blu Tac in the hole. Hopefully the needle will come out with it.

If there a little bit of the needle that you can get a grip on try using vicegrips, and grip it hard and pull 

14 hours ago, donkeychomp said:

Poke a little bit of Blu Tac in the hole. Hopefully the needle will come out with it.

Or block it up completely!:laugh:

• Sad 1

Hi thanks for all your replys i forgot all about it after posting. i tried nose pliers and they would just slip so i tried some angled wire cutters that i used to get a better grip but i guess it must have got cut straight away since the needle is flush with the hole now. What a headache.

Pull off the washer fluid supply tube at the back of the Jet and see if you can do anything to push out from there, otherwise it will have to be replaced. Sorry I cannot help further as its one those things that I may be able to help if I was on the spot.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, sam0056 said:

Hi thanks for all your replys i forgot all about it after posting. i tried nose pliers and they would just slip so i tried some angled wire cutters that i used to get a better grip but i guess it must have got cut straight away since the needle is flush with the hole now. What a headache.

OK thanks very much i will attempt at some point to take the jet of and just replace it they are cheap but when i did see about doing that the heat shield thing on the underside of the bonnet was diificult to remove especially those plastic clips they seemed like they might break.

On 1/29/2021 at 2:24 AM, sam0056 said:

OK thanks very much i will attempt at some point to take the jet of and just replace it they are cheap but when i did see about doing that the heat shield thing on the underside of the bonnet was diificult to remove especially those plastic clips they seemed like they might break.

I’m always wary about plastic clips also particularly in colder temperatures. Maybe warm it a little bit with a hair dryer, but be careful don’t overheat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links