Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm sounding in car

Gary21012

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this question. I've been using a car-sharing club, and driving an Aygo X-Play (very handy as it's the car I'm thinking of buying in a couple of months). However, several times the car has made a really loud almost two-tone alarm sound that's startled me - so I'm trying to track down where the noise is coming from and get rid! No additional warnings come up on the dash, which is really unhelpful. 

I can see several people who've had this problem in the past, and it looks like it might be speed camera warnings (the car has a built in sat-nav), but would these be alerting even when not actively using the navigation system? If so is there any way to turn the volume of them down, or failing that, off completely? If not, has anyone got any ideas what it could be? I don't think it's the passenger seat alarm as my partner has been wearing his seatbelt, but I'm not sure if the car has Toyota Safety Sense (it has a 1 inch by 3 inch by .5 inch box behind the rear view mirror, but this might be connected to the car-sharing club computer and nothing to do with the car...) 

Apologies if this is a daft question, I'd only ever driven one car prior to this and I'm really hoping someone can help! I'm using the car tomorrow morning so i can give any suggestions a go then!  😬

The box behind the rear view mirror will house the camera for Toyota Safety Sense.

The Aygo will have the lane departure system which gives audible and visual warnings if the car deviates in lane - so it could be that which is producing the audible warning.

141168895_133149141971868_4993020216051094446_n.thumb.jpg.9fa46387f8fc5e465af6fb159d26a83a.jpgThanks Mike. I just remembered I took a snap of the box - is this the Safety Sense gadget? Really appreciate your help. 

No - like the following:

2018-Aygo-launch-02.jpg

had any large packages on the front seat? weight can set off the seat belt alarm.

Thanks both - it turns out it was indeed the speed camera warning. I didn't realise that even when not using the sat-nav the warning would sound, but the last driver had also turned the volume all the way up. Turned them off now and all is well. 🙂

• Haha 1

oh dear, obviously a bit deaf to beeps. I find that when I use google maps, they give a good visual warning to speed anyway.