Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black smoke coming out of my toyota auris 2016

Lindao

Hi guys, I am new to this forum.

My toyota auris is smoking black when ever the engine heats up and the stops running, i took it to the mechanic who told me first it was some small rubbers next to the turbo he charge £500 to fix it.

He later told me it is now the turbo, I don't know much about cars, has anyone has this problem any advice please thank you.

Hi, you can give some more information about the car, engine type , mileage, how the car been used, taxi? My advice is to visit Toyota dealer for diagnostic, will cost probably around £65 to check . 

i'd be expecting to have the turbo repaired free of charge as

he's already charged you £500 to repair nothing

• Like 1

If this is a U.K. car and "lives" in the U.K., why was it taken to a "mechanic" and not a Toyota dealer as a warranty claim (5 years, or, is it 100k miles?)? The warranty could have been invalidated depending on when and who has serviced the car though and/or mileage.

As above, someone has shot the parts cannon at it without a proper diagnosis. There has to be some comeback re the £500 tipped down the plughole?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpj said:

If this is a U.K. car and "lives" in the U.K., why was it taken to a "mechanic" and not a Toyota dealer as a warranty claim (5 years, or, is it 100k miles?)? The warranty could have been invalidated depending on when and who has serviced the car though and/or mileage.

As above, someone has shot the parts cannon at it without a proper diagnosis. There has to be some comeback re the £500 tipped down the plughole?

garage's dont seem to care about spending / wasting YOUR money

i know your money isnt being wasted Peter i was agreeing with what you had said

" someone has shot the parts cannon at it without a proper diagnosis. "

if it where their own car the parts cannon wouldn't be fired and they

wouldn't be wasting their money