Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris flat battery

DFT

Major design fault on Auris, twice now I have had to deal with a flat Battery ( wife likes to leave lights on ) both times the Battery was too weak for the central locking to open the rear door which means I have to climb through the back passenger door with the seats down to get access to the Battery , does anyone have any suggestions on how I can open the door as I expect this will happen again

There is a 'jump start' attachment point provided by Toyota for just this eventuality.

It is inside the passenger-side fuse box that is under the bonnet.  Remove the cover of this fuse box - the jump start point is under a  small red plastic cover (with a positive sign set into it) that has a simple locking clip to undo one end.   It then hinges up.  This presents a blade that a crocodile clip of your jump leads will attach to. 

On the underside of the fuse box cover is a map/diagram of the fuse box if you cant find this.

There is no negative connection provided to connect your other negative/earth jump lead to - you can use a nut on the suspension turret nearby, or any substantial shiny part of the chassis or engine.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to be a design fault - rather your wife's fault if she leaves the lights on.

• Like 1

i think the design fault is the wife for leaving the lights on

get the wife to turn the lights off & your problem is sorted

• Like 1

on our mk2 auris this is the under bonnet bonnet fusebox  the RED cover hides the starting point

yours i'm sure will look similar if not the same

auris fuse box.jpg

• Like 1

Found the jump start point wish I had know about it before could have myself a load of time many thanks for the info, tried teaching wife about lights etc to no avail lol guess I’m lucky she remembers to bring the car home with her.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DFT said:

Found the jump start point wish I had know about it before could have myself a load of time many thanks for the info, tried teaching wife about lights etc to no avail lol guess I’m lucky she remembers to bring the car home with her.

Well we all learn something new every day. I believe your car has an auto lights function and if yes you can turn that ON and no need to worry about lights anymore. There is also one more thing, even if you leave your lights the car will turn them off after an hour , perhaps was regular occurrence your wife to leave them ON every evening otherwise just from left on once Battery won’t drain. , short town trips also does not help with Battery charge and cold weather, it might not be all your wife’s fault though. 

does your car have a lights on buzzer

over the years it may of failed

maybe think of buying / fitting another one.