Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty and servicing

Notebook

CHR Hybrid

After them replacing the Battery that starts the car for free - long story - I wondered if the warranty has been changed regards servicing as I haven't used the car other than to take it out twice a week for a drive up and down the motorway for the batteries sake.

Now my new boiler manufacturer has said that they will extend warranties to get the servicing done due to cover for 6 months.

I wondered if something like this was taking place with Toyotas as I imagine lots of people aren't doing more than a thousand miles or two.

Anyone heard anything?

Thanks

I wouldn’t imagine that Toyota would extend warranties beyond 5 years or a 100,000 miles as you may only do two or three thousand miles under normal circumstances but they may do as good will gesture due to covid. When they are just  out of warranty most vehicle manufacturers will make a good will gesture for repairs probably half the cost if the vehicle has full dealer service history.

touch wood I have had three Toyota’s and not one has needed a warranty claim.

Thanks

I was thinking along the lines of would it require servicing if its only done 2k since last if you see what I mean

2 minutes ago, Notebook said:

Thanks

I was thinking along the lines of would it require servicing if its only done 2k since last if you see what I mean

Yes I was thinking that as well as my corolla has only done 1,000 since sept I would imagine that Toyota would want them serviced as per manufacturer’s instructions to maintain warranty.

During the first lockdown (March to June 2020) Toyota did provide leeway on servicing for that period, and where servicing was due during this period, owners should have been able to have any overdue servicing done in the summer. If a service was originally due in this period, I would suggest the next service is due 12 months or 10,000 miles from the original due date (ie if a service was due April 2020, the next service would be due April 2021).

No reason to extend the warranty.

As regards the service intervals, these are still 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.  So if it has been 12 months since the previous service, a service is due regardless of whether the car has done 1,000 miles or 8,000 miles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

During the first lockdown (March to June 2020) Toyota did provide leeway on servicing for that period, and where servicing was due during this period, owners should have been able to have any overdue servicing done in the summer. If a service was originally due in this period, I would suggest the next service is due 12 months or 10,000 miles from the original due date (ie if a service was due April 2020, the next service would be due April 2021).

No reason to extend the warranty.

As regards the service intervals, these are still 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.  So if it has been 12 months since the previous service, a service is due regardless of whether the car has done 1,000 miles or 8,000 miles.

Fair enough - worth asking

e

Hello Nick

Thank you for your email regarding your Toyota C-HR Hybrid.

Your vehicle will still need to be serviced 1 year of every 10,000 miles - whichever occurs first.

Not servicing your C-HR could cause mechanical breakdown and if servicing is not completed correctly it would not be covered under warranty if the issue is caused by non-servicing.

Components in your vehicle such as oil within your car degrade just as fast when they are not in use and will still need to be changed at suggested intervals.

I hope you can understand our reasoning for this.

Thank you for contacting Toyota.

Kind regards

Tahlia Baker
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK