Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal of the IQ front bumper

mick787

Hi, I understand that to replace the front headlamp units, the front bumper has to come off. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I have seen the thread where someone has done this, after simply taking out the 'bolts' top, bottom and on the wheel arches. What I'm asking is once those bolts are out and it is time to 'pop' the bumper away from the leading edges of the wings, should the bumper be pulled forward away from the car, or should the trailing edges of the bumper near to the wheel arch be pulled outwards or pushed inwards to unclip the bumper from the wings and allow it to be pulled away? I don't want to bend/buckle the wing panels and also be able to put it all back together again! Thanks.

Hi

To take it off from memory, there are about 8 screws under the bumper, 5 clips on the top and 1 plastic clip inside each wheel arch. Once they're off it's held on by the clips/claws on the wings, I just usually wiggle and pull at the same time to release. I've taken mine off a few times and so far I haven't broken anything. The clips on the wings are pretty strong though.

Thanks MK1, can you recall if the trailing ends of the bumper go inwards. I have seen a diagram and it appears they advise to put some protective tape on the outer surface of the bumper, I can only assume to stop it being scratched and hence it may well go inwards when releasing the clips. I appreciate you haven't done it in a while.

U removed mine recently and put masking tape on the edge of the wing. Bumper pulled away, outwards. You sort of pull gently from wheel arch side, peel and twist a bit. It's all very solid so nothing should break

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links