Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor MPG for 2015 1.6 D4D Verso

Muh

Does anybody know how to improve MPG of 2015 1.6 D4D Verso, I have recently bought this vehicle with 91K on clock. The MPG is quite poor 39-45 MPG, largely driving on motorway? The book value is 62 MPG.

Has anybody experience this before? How can the MPG be improved?

When you refer to the 'book value', do you mean the official fuel consumption figures from the manufacturer/dealer?

if so, the official fuel consumption figures are compiled from a standard laboratory testing regime, and do not represent what drivers may achieve in real world driving. The official fuel consumption figures are there to provide a standard comparison between models.

Also are the figures you used for the car from the car's computer or are they brim to brim figures, which are more accurate??

'Honest John's Real mpg' figures for your car may provide a more realistic indication - figures show a range of consumption from 37-50mpg and an average of 43.9mpg

13 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When you refer to the 'book value', do you mean the official fuel consumption figures from the manufacturer/dealer?

if so, the official fuel consumption figures are compiled from a standard laboratory testing regime, and do not represent what drivers may achieve in real world driving. The official fuel consumption figures are there to provide a standard comparison between models.

Also are the figures you used for the car from the car's computer or are they brim to brim figures, which are more accurate??

I have calculated them both ways and they give similar values. 

More importantly is there anyway they can be improved?

Has anybody else experienced this issue with their Verso?

Also there is some concern about the  timing chain on these vehicles although I have told by Toyota that the vehicle has had a recall and the appropriate adjustment have been made, /effective that is remains to be seen.how true

On 1/23/2021 at 9:04 PM, Muh said:

Does anybody know how to improve MPG of 2015 1.6 D4D Verso, I have recently bought this vehicle with 91K on clock. The MPG is quite poor 39-45 MPG, largely driving on motorway? The book value is 62 MPG.

Has anybody experience this before? How can the MPG be improved?

It's winter. Your MPG are bound to suffer.

Don't think you can improve too much. 

Honest John real mpg figures are about right on my cars.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, Peterkin said:

It's winter. Your MPG are bound to suffer.

That's true, I got car the in September even then it was doing 45MPG which is OK but I would expect better from a 1.6 diesel?

On 1/25/2021 at 4:52 PM, eesamanomercy said:

Don't think you can improve too much. 

Honest John real mpg figures are about right on my cars.

From what I have heard and read that's all they do which is poor in my opinion for 1.6 diesel.

So, as Frosty all’s has quoted Honest John’s real life figures of 37-50 mpg and an average of 43.9mpg it seems your car is pretty much in line with real life.

How to improve those figures. Mostly that is going to depend on your driving style. I not going to teach you how to drive your car, but heavy or light fuel consumption can be determined how YOU use your right foot (assuming the car is in good mechanical order).  As you are “largely driving on motorway” start looking in that area first.

• 5 months later...

Removing third row of seats if not used will help mileage a little.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links