Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noises from wheel arch areas?

KurlyKeef

What would be the cause of random intermittent knocking noises/rattles coming from all four wheels (predominantly passenger side rear) - sounds a bit like a stone rattling inside a big plastic carton of milk? It's worse when driving over rough/uneven ground.

5 hours ago, KurlyKeef said:

What would be the cause of random intermittent knocking noises/rattles coming from all four wheels (predominantly passenger side rear) - sounds a bit like a stone rattling inside a big plastic carton of milk? It's worse when driving over rough/uneven ground.

Hi, I went through the same dilemma recently and it was down to something I had in my boot - knocking in the rear passenger corner when it was hitting the plastic panel behind the seat.  Took me ages to work it out - I thought it was a myriad of things - i.e. bushes, hub etc... but when I actually cleared all the rubbish out of the boot, out of my door bins (I had a semi-empty Tropicana bottle from McDonalds) and other bits and bobs - including someone who put an empty chewing gum plastic bottle thing in the rear passenger cup holder, there was no noise whatsoever.  Try this first (if you haven't done so already). Thanks.