Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris Hybrid on snow , it is so good almost as Yaris GR

TonyHSD

Hi guys,

hope everyone is fine and healthy. I just want to share a wonderful experience on snow with my Auris Hybrid. The car behaves so well on snow, can go uphill, downhill, deep snow, ice and all possible winter conditions so easily and effortlessly. Also a short review of my choice of winter tyres for my car which btw are the OEM winter tyres for the new VW Golf 8 currently on sale in Germany. The tyres on my Auris are Nexen Winguard Sport 2., size 215/45 17 , just over 2 years old with 5-6mm tread depth the car passed my winter test drive with flying colours. Very predictable as expected. I picked these tyres when they were brand new model with almost no reviews available, I chose them for low noise as I am a high miller and this is important for me, however I never had a chance to test them on snow properly, ok I did today an essential trip in my town and was pleasantly surprised how good these tyres are on snow. Here a short clip and pictures. Thanks for reading my post. 🚗❄️👍

6B3E4A34-6F40-448A-9D3C-9959ACB49E6B.jpeg

76D336FC-E871-404E-9262-1C8AA89B3049.jpeg

• Like 3

Winter tyres make a hell of difference on any car, although if you have got the engine over the driving wheels this also helps many years ago I Had a hillman imp which had the engine over the back wheels (rear wheel drive) and that car went almost anywhere in the snow regardless if it had winter tyres on or not.

• Thanks 1

Left my Auris Hybrid at home today as hasn't got winter tyres or all seasons on and can't turn off traction control! Used my RWD volvo 940 with Goodyear ultra grip 9's fitted. Fantastic in snow again today!

James👍

• Like 1

It’s all about tyres, I have seen many cars failed today and I don’t know why they even been bothered to try..., if I haven’t winter’s fitted I would not even move on the driveway. The Auris did exceptionally well on the fun side too, few handbrake turns and absolute control over the car, just confident and predictable driving. Fwd, rwd or awd comes second important after the correct tyres for the season IMO. The traction control wasn’t happy only I few turns when front wheels lost some grip, just to see what would have happened, any other time I kept low speed and the TC didn’t intervene at all. , my point is that fun is possible with hybrids too. 👌❄️🚗

• Thanks 1

Although my wee Yaris doesn’t have winter tyres it’s very sure footed in the snow around here. Thanks Tony for sharing your video 👏

• Thanks 1

Some extra photos, I am gutted the phone dropped  down and the video is so short. 

8B6F0170-D048-4616-BD66-0966983C661D.jpeg

0690A0B9-F408-4F8D-9BED-519F994D526E.jpeg

3B337BC8-FD99-4BE7-8421-8B0B764364AB.jpeg

5EEBD908-5BD7-48A1-9BE1-9D2D9E1537E6.jpeg

• Like 1