Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to turn off/on recirculation when the engine is off

Skippy_77

As winter is now here in the UK, i can not turn on re-circulation so the air outside air vent is off to stop cold air from coming in over night.

I'm finding now inside the windscreen is now frosting up as well as the outside

Can you advise how to turn this feature off and on so in the winter outside air does not cause the frost to build up in side the windscreen.

I used to be able to hold the re-circulation button in for 10 or so seconds and it would keep.  But once the ignition is off I think this re-opens again.

Any advise that doesn't require visiting a dealership would be great.

Manual air con or climate control?

Frost on the inside of the windscreen is caused by moisture already inside the car condensing and freezing on the cold glass. Switching to recirc will likely make the problem worse rather than better. 

• Like 1

I've noticed in my Auris that a short time (a few minutes) after turning the ignition off I can hear 'something' in the heater area operate... it sounds just like a flap being operated via its servo motor and I've always assumed it is the air recirculation flap closing to stop outside air entering.

• Like 1

before you get home turn the heating temperature down to lower the chance

of having condensation forming inside the car, the hotter your car the more chance

of condensation with the difference between inside & outside temperatures

19 minutes ago, Mooly said:

I've noticed in my Auris that a short time (a few minutes) after turning the ignition off I can hear 'something' in the heater area operate... it sounds just like a flap being operated via its servo motor and I've always assumed it is the air recirculation flap closing to stop outside air entering.

I can hear this flaps moving too. I don’t think it’s the recirculating flap though as my one for now never changes , it stays the way I set. (Always from outside) in summer when I use AC stays in recirculating mode. I believe the flaps that move are something else, something about the temp perhaps. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links