Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where to buy variable boot floor for 2020 Yaris Hybrid ?

Dala

Does anyone know the part number of the shelf to order from a dealer?

toyota-yaris-2020-boot.jpg

Hi and welcome. Local Toyota dealer, if not available in your country and you are sure these exist in other markets and can fit your car without additional modifications you can purchase from abroad, again main dealers only as this is a brand new model. 
Regards 

Hi, I'm not sure if it can be used for model 2017 - 58410-0D050-B2

On 1/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, Dala said:

Probably not, these two are very different models. No similarity between except the name. 

On 1/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, Dala said:

I have cut a perfectly fitting template from hard cardboard. When lockdown is over I will buy a half sheet of 3/8” plywood and jigsaw a shelf from it. I will then cut across the center of it and fasten both together with a piano hinge, and create a finger hole on the edge nearest back bumper. That will enable me to lift up half of the shelf to access easily the storage. I also intend to stick a 1/2” rubber strip where it rests on the supports, to eliminate rattle or vibration. I may then to complete the job either paint as near as possible to the upholstery colour or stick a covering of black rubber on the top. That’s my next project when lockdown eases a bit.🙏

• Like 1

I made my own from MDF.

Cut out two cardboard formers for the left and right, and then some more cardboard for the curved rear and accurately measured the straight distance at the front.  Marked it all off onto the MDF, and cut it out.

Couple of hours work.

Mick.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, Dala said:

do you have any photos ?

Just taken three for you.

One with the MDF floor lowered, one with it in the raised position, and one from the underside. (The L is for left as when the pieces were made separately, I had to make sure I assembled it correctly.)

I made it from three pieces of old MDF I had kicking about.  Joined the three together with pieces of wood glued and screwed together, and a length of angle aluminium to strengthen the front.  The rear has a central support, but the front doesn't, so I figured it would be better to be stronger.

Hole in it, so I can get a finger in to lift and lower it.

The eagle-eyed will see a square piece at either end of the front.  Embarrassed to say, I measured wrongly and made some cutouts that were't needed, so I glued two squares back in! 

Mick.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, Dala said:

Both are for the previous generation Yaris - not yours - and one is a parcel shelf not the variable boot floor/deck board.

Don't think Parts-King will supply the part number in order for someone to go and buy elsewhere.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, Dala said:

do you have any photos ?

As yours Yaris is the new model, my pics might not be of any help as it’s a 2019 the previous model. However if you are useful with your hands, then I recommend getting a large stiff cardboard box and making a perfect fit template. Use it to cut out your own raised floor out of your most suitable material which must have good strength, proceeding  as in my previous post. If you still want a picture of my template, let me know and I will post. You will be quids better off. Good Luck 🍀 

7 hours ago, Mick F said:

Just taken three for you.

One with the MDF floor lowered, one with it in the raised position, and one from the underside. (The L is for left as when the pieces were made separately, I had to make sure I assembled it correctly.)

I made it from three pieces of old MDF I had kicking about.  Joined the three together with pieces of wood glued and screwed together, and a length of angle aluminium to strengthen the front.  The rear has a central support, but the front doesn't, so I figured it would be better to be stronger.

Hole in it, so I can get a finger in to lift and lower it.

The eagle-eyed will see a square piece at either end of the front.  Embarrassed to say, I measured wrongly and made some cutouts that were't needed, so I glued two squares back in! 

Mick.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Hi Mick, my reason for choosing 3/8” inch plywood is for its strength which shouldn’t need support underneath 🙏

• Like 1

The high level floor in the new Yaris is not the same as the last generation, part numbers & installation guide HERE

12 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Mick, my reason for choosing 3/8” inch plywood is for its strength which shouldn’t need support underneath 🙏

As I said, I had the MDF kicking about.  The whole job cost me nothing other than time. I even had the alu angle in the shed.  If I'd wanted to spend dosh, I'd have used decent plywood.

As it is, the floor is rarely used, so a cheap job does it fine for us.

Mick.

9 hours ago, Mick F said:

As I said, I had the MDF kicking about.  The whole job cost me nothing other than time. I even had the alu angle in the shed.  If I'd wanted to spend dosh, I'd have used decent plywood.

As it is, the floor is rarely used, so a cheap job does it fine for us.

Mick.

I must have another look at your job Mick, I never noticed the aluminum angle.😮

15 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

I must have another look at your job Mick, I never noticed the aluminum angle.😮

I have looked again and it’s a great idea if I need to strengthen along that edge Mick, thanks for that 👏👏

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

I have looked again and it’s a great idea if I need to strengthen along that edge Mick, thanks for that 👏👏

There's even a bar code if you'd like! 😀

Mick.

IMG_0311.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mick F said:

There's even a bar code if you'd like! 😀

Mick.

IMG_0311.jpg

And wouldn’t add any weight which is the object of keeping it lightweight and easy to install and remove 👍.

By the way, any vibration or rattle noises when driving around with nothing sitting on it??🤔

14 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

By the way, any vibration or rattle noises when driving around with nothing sitting on it??🤔

No, nothing at all, though ours is quite heavy being MDF .................. without measuring, I think it's about half-inch thick.

Mick.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I've just bought a mk1v yaris and was disappointed that the upper boot board was not included and I refused to pay the £180 Mr Toyota wanted, my local dealer said he would make his own, they did include a boot liner for the upper (missing) boot board so armed with that and a piece of 9mm mdf, 4 black carpet tiles and some spray adhesive I set about it, draw round the liner, fix the carpet tiles and once the adhesive is cured turn over and cut off the excess with a craft knife, oh don't forget to cut a notch to aid removal !! I cut that on the left back corner as without it it caught the side of the boot, and we all know what toyota plastic is like, if anyone wants a picture I'll be happy to post one on here. 

• Like 2

Yes why is that you only need to sneeze next to some trim and there's a collosal mark?

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I called the local service center for this part, it costs 660EUR from Toyota... Couldn't find any third party listing so far. Anyone had more luck?