Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic handbrake

Cathal McLaughlin

I have a 2012 d4d avensis with amber lights burning constantly. It is all to do with the automatic handbrake. When the lights are on the handbrake won’t come on automatically. I can put the lights out with a diagnostic machine and it works perfectly. The lights will stay out for a couple of days and suddenly reappear again. Nothing else is affected only the handbrake. Any suggestions as to how to keep them out permanently would be appreciated.

I noticed a similar issue with mine, on inspection both the rear pads and disks had worn below limits.A new set of disks and pads sorted it out.I disks and pads are ok sometimes a caliper can be seized but this usually results in a check rear parking brake warning light.I have ran two Avensis as taxis and both suffered the same faults and cures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links