Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little things please................................

Timh21

Got an 86, "Excellent Driving" message today, woo hoo. Sad I know, I'll get me coat😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

hi tim what is an 86 mate?

1 hour ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

hi tim what is an 86 mate?

The little score that comes up on the clocks when you turn off, actually hit 93 today on one run, it was a pretty short run mind😃

oh ok i get it yeah, i am still waiting to test drive the touring sport 2.0, but the dealerships are all closed as you probably know, so i am learning as much as possible off youtube and this forum,  what mpg are you getting in this cold weather Tim?

14 minutes ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

oh ok i get it yeah, i am still waiting to test drive the touring sport 2.0, but the dealerships are all closed as you probably know, so i am learning as much as possible off youtube and this forum,  what mpg are you getting in this cold weather Tim?

So far Im averaging about 50 but its early days for the car and me

hi tim is yours the 1.8 or 2.0?

5 minutes ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

hi tim is yours the 1.8 or 2.0?

1.8 Mate, its a company car so economy and emissions more important,  and today I reset the MPG and had a 100 mile round trip to Hereford, I must be getting better:

y4mUMzpH8OzFJXcBAmjIGjsfePGIe1CdPKOzFlam

Was actually on 64.4 mpg at Hereford, return trip has lots more climbs

• Like 1

thats superb for this time of year mate, whats it like going up a hill with a bit of weight in it.

3 minutes ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

thats superb for this time of year mate, whats it like going up a hill with a bit of weight in it.

Has warmed up significantly down here today 10C. Hills are ok, yes it revs a bit but thats ok

Ive got a 260 mile return trip tomorrow, with lots of Motorway, think this is where it may struggle on MPG versus the old TD Astra

sound that mate, just remember not to drive over 70 for long periods ,hybrids dont like high speeds for long spells, keep it at 65 and that is the most efficient way to go,

Just now, hayalgoparati1878 said:

sound that mate, just remember not to drive over 70 for long periods ,hybrids dont like high speeds for long spells, keep it at 65 and that is the most efficient way to go,

Funny you say that, 65 is what Ive been sticking at for the most part so far on M/Ways, Radar Cruise on and chill😀

65 is the way to go, people who drive them foot to the metal should really have bought a diesel, they are missing the point i think.

• Like 1

I got a 99 once. Drove my Dad and partner back from a local restaurant at the top of a hill, in summer. Since I'd driven the 190 miles to get there earlier in the day I had a well charged hybrid Battery and I think I made the 2.5 miles with only 10 seconds of ICE use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timh21 said:

Funny you say that, 65 is what Ive been sticking at for the most part so far on M/Ways, Radar Cruise on and chill😀

These days I tend to just cruise along in lane one with the CC set at 60. If I come up behind HGVs I'll often let the car slow to their speed and just go with it. I typically get mpg knocking on for 70 on long journeys.

But my Dad died last October and because of Covid I couldn't stay overnight (it was in Wales) so had to drive 190 miles to the funeral then come straight back. Coming back I did 80/90 pretty much all the way (my average speed for the journey was over 70 mph). Funnily enough I didn't get 70 mpg that time. I think it was 49 mpg. The worst figure the car has ever returned for me.

But it proved that the 1.8 is no slouch. I had no problems keeping up with the other idiots screaming along. Probably some of them weren't having to floor the accelerator when a gap opened up but my view is that Toyota gave me that much pedal travel for a reason. When I decide to go I mash the accelerator as far as it will go 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

These days I tend to just cruise along in lane one with the CC set at 60. If I come up behind HGVs I'll often let the car slow to their speed and just go with it. I typically get mpg knocking on for 70 on long journeys.

But my Dad died last October and because of Covid I couldn't stay overnight (it was in Wales) so had to drive 190 miles to the funeral then come straight back. Coming back I did 80/90 pretty much all the way (my average speed for the journey was over 70 mph). Funnily enough I didn't get 70 mpg that time. I think it was 49 mpg. The worst figure the car has ever returned for me.

But it proved that the 1.8 is no slouch. I had no problems keeping up with the other idiots screaming along. Probably some of them weren't having to floor the accelerator when a gap opened up but my view is that Toyota gave me that much pedal travel for a reason. When I decide to go I mash the accelerator as far as it will go 🙂

Sorry to hear that mate, condolences.

I know its not a slouch, first day I played a bit with sport mode.  But I also know that "Making Progress" as the police refer to it,  is not so much about out and out speed but more about being smooth and anticipating. I got a ticket late last year so I need to slow down anyway. I just need to transfer this mind set to my motorcycle riding too, but funnily enough  ticket I got was in the car  (88 in a 70) ☹️

• Like 1

So, 1 week and 700 miles later what's the verdict? 

Love it, even with the minor Multi Media niggles which will hopefully get sorted Tuesday.

So far according to MyT my average overall MPG is 57 which I dont think is too bad at all for this time of year. Ive seen a high of 64 and a low of 48.

Had a bit of a play today on some back roads to the shops and in Sport even this 1.8 aint slow, whatever the figures say, but even though it can do it I find the car and me much happier in Normal Mode.

But forgetting the economy its just such a lovely car to drive, I was a bit sceptical of the eCVT but Im a convert thats for sure and comfort which can be an issue for me with a dodgy back has been great, not one twinge.

Yeah, im pretty chuffed. Should have known really, my previous favourite co car was the Avensis

• Like 6

Ok, getting really anoraky now😂. I'll be the first to admit that its unlikely I could drive like this all the time, but it does show whats possible

15 mile trip down to Newport this morning. Mix of dual carriageways, with some inclines but nothing very steep,  and city streets, put " Hybrid Driving Brain" into full action, but still got up to 60/65mph crusing,  and ended up with this:

y4mHpmh-QyVddbseKF9zBuDv6_SGmuAKIomSV_eb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:50 PM, Timh21 said:

So, 1 week and 700 miles later what's the verdict? 

Love it, even with the minor Multi Media niggles which will hopefully get sorted Tuesday.

So far according to MyT my average overall MPG is 57 which I dont think is too bad at all for this time of year. Ive seen a high of 64 and a low of 48.

Had a bit of a play today on some back roads to the shops and in Sport even this 1.8 aint slow, whatever the figures say, but even though it can do it I find the car and me much happier in Normal Mode.

But forgetting the economy its just such a lovely car to drive, I was a bit sceptical of the eCVT but Im a convert thats for sure and comfort which can be an issue for me with a dodgy back has been great, not one twinge.

Yeah, im pretty chuffed. Should have known really, my previous favourite co car was the Avensis

Hi, just been reading this post and noticed you had an Avensis. I have one at the moment, company car 1.6D 66 reg. I struggle to average 44mpg 😂 some journey averages I’ve touched 50 but that’s trying really hard. Boot is always full though. I’m nearly on 100k miles now so she should be at her best. 

However,  I have a Corolla 1.8 like yours on order and like you looking forward to exceeding my Mpg targets. The Avensis is probably the most comfortable car I have ever drove and judging on the brief test drive I had in an Excel spec, I’m sure the Corolla will be up there too. 

2 minutes ago, Bodga said:

Hi, just been reading this post and noticed you had an Avensis. I have one at the moment, company car 1.6D 66 reg. I struggle to average 44mpg 😂 some journey averages I’ve touched 50 but that’s trying really hard. Boot is always full though. I’m nearly on 100k miles now so she should be at her best. 

However,  I have a Corolla 1.8 like yours on order and like you looking forward to exceeding my Mpg targets. The Avensis is probably the most comfortable car I have ever drove and judging on the brief test drive I had in an Excel spec, I’m sure the Corolla will be up there too. 

I had my Avensis in 2012 so an earlier model, it was a 2.0lt D-4D T4 but funnily enough mid 40's was about it for that one too. But yes, very comfy with full leather heated seats. The last Car (Astra 1.6CD ecotech) was the first car Ive had that would regularly return mid 50's and as Ive said somewhere else already would still probably match the Corolla on long Motorway jaunts

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, Bodga said:

Hi I have the 1.8 and still getting around 60 mpg average in winter and 64-66 in summer 

• Like 2

Ive had confirmation Friday that my new Corolla is being delivered next Wednesday. Coming all the way from Sunderland! I hope snow isn’t too bad up there delaying delivery 🤨

looking forward to the automatic gearbox and the adaptive cruise control. Hopefully be useful on busy motorway journeys.

have to say though my old faithful Avensis has never let me down, now with 97k on the clock in just over 4 years. Not much to look at but very comfortable and extremely reliable!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodga said:

Ive had confirmation Friday that my new Corolla is being delivered next Wednesday. Coming all the way from Sunderland! I hope snow isn’t too bad up there delaying delivery 🤨

looking forward to the automatic gearbox and the adaptive cruise control. Hopefully be useful on busy motorway journeys.

have to say though my old faithful Avensis has never let me down, now with 97k on the clock in just over 4 years. Not much to look at but very comfortable and extremely reliable!

Yes the adaptive cruise control is amazing, makes motorway driving so much easier and relaxing. I live not too far from Sunderland not too much snow so far 

21 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Yes the adaptive cruise control is amazing, makes motorway driving so much easier and relaxing. I live not too far from Sunderland not too much snow so far 

That’s good to know. Lancaster Toyota is the dealers, Jardine motors.

I’m hopeful that the cruise control will help with M6. Between J4 and 11 is always congested, even with the current lock down there is still rush hour around 4pm. 😔