Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little things please................................

Timh21

Yes they have a dealership in Sunderland and been there a couple of times but never bought from them, but were pleasant enough 

36 minutes ago, Bodga said:

That’s good to know. Lancaster Toyota is the dealers, Jardine motors.

I’m hopeful that the cruise control will help with M6. Between J4 and 11 is always congested, even with the current lock down there is still rush hour around 4pm. 😔

Yes been there a couple of times 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel I need to add a quick update. What a car!

Ive had it 13 days today, covered just over 1000 miles in that time, most for work. Total average MPG 53.4.

Had a job today in Wigan, 160 miles round trip from Wolverhampton, mainly M6. Set cruise at 70 (50/60 though roadworks) comfortable, effortless, cannot fault.

I do find though that this car gives better MPG on A and B roads than sat on motorways. A previous day I traveled from Manchester to Derby dales and though Buxton and then to Stoke on Trent. I would say at least 50 percent was in EV mode. On motorways with cruise the Rev counter is mostly at about 1500 revs. 

Also as an ex Diesel driver I find I need to stay in Eco mode as I still have a heavy right foot ☺️ 

Well done Toyota 👍

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Bodga said:

I feel I need to add a quick update. What a car!

Ive had it 13 days today, covered just over 1000 miles in that time, most for work. Total average MPG 53.4.

Had a job today in Wigan, 160 miles round trip from Wolverhampton, mainly M6. Set cruise at 70 (50/60 though roadworks) comfortable, effortless, cannot fault.

I do find though that this car gives better MPG on A and B roads than sat on motorways. A previous day I traveled from Manchester to Derby dales and though Buxton and then to Stoke on Trent. I would say at least 50 percent was in EV mode. On motorways with cruise the Rev counter is mostly at about 1500 revs. 

Also as an ex Diesel driver I find I need to stay in Eco mode as I still have a heavy right foot ☺️ 

Well done Toyota 👍

Good to hear another happy hybrid owner. Is the car 1.8 or 2.0? 

On motorways use the Sport mode, it's slightly more economical then the normal. I have never used the ECO, throttle response is too slow for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Good to hear another happy hybrid owner. Is the car 1.8 or 2.0? 

I'm sure it's the 1.8 he mentioned it earlier in the thread. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mitsos_Hybrid said:

On motorways use the Sport mode, it's slightly more economical then the normal. I have never used the ECO, throttle response is too slow for me.

I remember a few years ago on the Honest John website there was a long term review of an Auris hybrid and they tested it on a long commute on Sport and Normal modes and found the fuel consumption to be very similar. 

• Like 2

Eco mode ultra slow response, Normal is ok for all occasions and power when needed, I don’t use it much as after switching back to Normal feels like I am in Eco, that’s why not playing with modes. 🚙👍

• Like 1

I tried sport mode on a country lane I’m quite familiar with this morning ( call me old fashioned but I still give a new car 1000 miles running in period) I’m quite impressed with the power delivery as I’m used to turbo diesels.

i will try sport mode on the motorway soon to see what difference it makes. 

ive been looking at the MyT app tonight and found it details each journey and includes a hybrid score EV percentage etc. Handy for logging the business and personal miles. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bodga said:

I tried sport mode on a country lane I’m quite familiar with this morning ( call me old fashioned but I still give a new car 1000 miles running in period) I’m quite impressed with the power delivery as I’m used to turbo diesels.

i will try sport mode on the motorway soon to see what difference it makes. 

ive been looking at the MyT app tonight and found it details each journey and includes a hybrid score EV percentage etc. Handy for logging the business and personal miles. 

How do you get the MyT to detail your journeys ? I will be travelling in my company car Corolla and be useful to get my journey mileage ? Also wondered how to view the ev scores as a log away from the car?

26 minutes ago, Evora2010 said:

How do you get the MyT to detail your journeys ? I will be travelling in my company car Corolla and be useful to get my journey mileage ? Also wondered how to view the ev scores as a log away from the car?

Have you set up your account on Toyota.co.uk? Log in - select My Vehicle - select Owned Cars - select your car - you can access various things including exportable trip data, driving analytics gives you various daily driving data as well (no EV breakdown as such though).

image.thumb.png.eda889a0e93b5e9ba101939ded57f3a0.png

image.png

• Like 1

Is this on website or on the mobile app? As I have mobile app but it doesn’t give all what you showed ?

The app is on my mobile phone. I’m presuming you already have an account here so if you open the app. It shows your current vehicle and fuel level and as you scroll down you can see where your car is parked and mileage etc.

if you tap services on the bottom of the screen then choose the Hybrid coaching tab this is where you can view all your journeys by tapping All trips at the top of your screen.

I use mile IQ for my business and personal journeys for HMRC but if your recording your mileages on paper I would say this would really help.

Stu

22 hours ago, Bodga said:

I tried sport mode on a country lane I’m quite familiar with this morning ( call me old fashioned but I still give a new car 1000 miles running in period)

Nothing old fashioned about running in. The Hand book advises it with details on how to do this for the Corolla, and depending on how long you keep your car, it will thank you for it. Strangely, the dealer never mentioned a running in period, I had to find the details in the handbook myself.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Nothing old fashioned about running in. The Hand book advises it with details on how to do this for the Corolla, and depending on how long you keep your car, it will thank you for it. Strangely, the dealer never mentioned a running in period, I had to find the details in the handbook myself.

I always run my cars in as well, old habits and all that, most dealers are salespeople and know very little about their product mechanically (some service managers know even less!)  The days of 'poor' tolerances and the obligatory first oil change at 500/600 miles to drain the iron filing sludge out, and the instructions not to exceed various revs in each gear for the first 1000 miles or so started disappearing in the 80's for some makes (my local Vauxhall dealer said no need to run in the Astra GTE in 1985, advice which I promptly ignored).

• Like 3