Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Engine immobilizer system" red light flashing after turning off and locking car

itm

This red LED is flashing on the left of our central console even after the power has been turned off and the car locked. Any idea why this might happen?

It's a 2016 Auris Hybrid

Doesn't it just show the immobiliser is activated.

Why do you think it's not supposed to do that?

Lot of car's have it.

It's just that we've owned the car for 2 years and it's only just started doing it!

Has it just started doing it or have you just noticed it?

• Like 1

I don't think its anything sinister. Our Auris, Avensis and C-HR all do it, and always have.

I have an idea that on some cars this might be configurable as 'on' or 'off' from the dealer diagnostic menu.  But I can't see that in any menus that are relevant to the Auris (Techstream, Carista).

Have you had any work done at the dealer very recently  e.g. Toyota Auris engine ECU recall, or work that might have involved disconnecting the 12v Battery?

The last work at the dealer was about 6 months ago. It was a recall, but I don't remember exactly what the issue was. My recollection was that it was something which may have caused the high voltage Battery to overheat. My wife however thinks it may have been airbag related. I can't seem to locate the paperwork.