Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota ke70 battery light HELP

Burgesso4

Last week my toyota ke70 turned on the Battery light. First I changed the ic regulator but it did not go out, then I tested the alternator and saw with the car working only was measuring 12.65v then I changed the alternator and re-tested measuring between 13.60v and 14v but the light did not go out anyway, is it the Battery that is damaged?

Moved to the Corolla club.

Hi,

You want to look on Ytube where you will find lots of vidoes showing how to check the Battery , alternator and wiring with a simple digital multi meter.

For the age of the car, the wiring connections would have to be suspect, often just a simple clean up job,  and if the Battery is over 5 years old its likely well past it.

Don't forget the fan belt tension needs to be right for the alternator to work properly, is the replacement one new or second hand ?  if the latter has it been properly tested to prove it works at the correct output voltage ?  same with the regulator ?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=car+battery+and+alternator++testing+with+multimeter

My first suspicion would be that the replacement alternator is not correct in some way, perhaps a different wiring configuration for the warning light.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links