Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how to jump start yaris hybrid car is flat after 1 week

jay_1

Hello

Did not use my car or 1 week 2015 and now the Battery is flat.

What is best way to jump start car without damaging anything.

As i know i cannot use my car to jump start another car which is not hybrid but what if i want to jump start hybrid car.

You would think as a electronic engineer i would know this 

Thanks for help

thanks i checked on youtube. The car  never came with the manual when you buy second hand car. Dont expect to get everything. 

3 minutes ago, jay_1 said:

thanks i checked on youtube. The car  never came with the manual when you buy second hand car. Dont expect to get everything. 

Glad it`s sorted Jay.

If I BUY Second hand I do expect to get everything....and I do !

• Like 1

i think i need a new Battery after jump start it work so left it for 30mins stand still. Came back few hours later did not start again. Battery is 5 year old.

How long do the Toyota car Battery last normaly  from new? 

10 minutes ago, jay_1 said:

i think i need a new battery after jump start it work so left it for 30mins stand still. Came back few hours later did not start again. Battery is 5 year old.

How long do the Toyota car battery last normaly  from new? 

How long did you leave it running for after jump starting it Jay ? I would have taken it out on a run for 45 mins or left it running for same.

drove it for 40 mins. but i had the heater on . i read you should have all electric off and  toyota website leave it for 60mins standstill on

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jay_1 said:

i think i need a new battery after jump start it work so left it for 30mins stand still. Came back few hours later did not start again. Battery is 5 year old.

How long do the Toyota car battery last normaly  from new? 

Hi, 

all cars not just Toyota hybrids batteries can last long time 10+ years but for that to happens the car needs to be in use regularly and for longer periods of time, driving over 1hr at a time for example. When cars are used infrequently or for a short drive around town, less than 30min each there is no enough time for the Battery to get properly charged and therefore Battery life gets shorter with the time goes. My Auris hybrid is over 10years old with both original batteries, my previous car was 11 years old with its original Battery when I sold it with no signs of battery degradation for the time. I generally drive a bit more every day, now in lockdown I don’t but I keep the car in ready mode twice a week for 30-60min each time or go out twice for shopping or essential drive when needed. So far the batteries remain healthy. Once any battery is drained to certain state of charge and you jump started the car 30 -40 min will not be sufficient, proper charging will need it maybe 24 hrs on trickle charger if you want to try to save your battery. 👍

• Like 2

i got car solar panel i just hook them up 12w ones in future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1