Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple CarPlay headunit 86140-YV010

JoelNE

Hey everybody!

I've got myself an aygo 2015 with the normal 'radio' without the 2015 touch screen. I am now looking to upgrade it with the 2018+ version of the head unit which has the upgraded Apple carplay etc. and the 'trademark' 3 buttons on the head unit compared to the 'old' 2 buttons.

I've literally searched everywhere but can not find the part anywhere, I've searched Polish websites, all of the Ebay's and etc. I've found one but had a price tag of 500 gbp which I obviously did not consider.

Can anybody help me or lead me to somewhere where they might have it on stock or anything like that? I've been searching for so long now that I just need someone who maybe has experience in finding spare parts.

I know the head unit is called 86140-YV010 and 86140-YV020 with DAB+

Thank you so much in advance

Breakers or eBay will be your main source, but they can be difficult to find.

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Breakers or eBay will be your main source, but they can be difficult to find.

Thanks for the answer.

That's true, just seems I haven't been able to find anything remotely close. Gets frustrating haha. Can you recommend any breakers with a known big stock or something like that?

It's because they are new, unless really destroyed the cars get rebuilt or are sitting in storage awaiting the auction process (cars can sit in storage for years until the insurance companies sort out the paper work and clear it for sale

iirc there about £800+vat new, even £500 buys a full aftermarket system including Speakers

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's because they are new, unless really destroyed the cars get rebuilt or are sitting in storage awaiting the auction process (cars can sit in storage for years until the insurance companies sort out the paper work and clear it for sale

iirc there about £800+vat new, even £500 buys a full aftermarket system including speakers

So it's not really worth buying the oríginal?

Not at 500 euro, CarPlay double din units from the likes of Alpine or Pioneer start at £300 (86140-YV010 is made by pioneer) plus £40-65 for the fitting items

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Not at 500 euro, CarPlay double din units from the likes of Alpine or Pioneer start at £300 (86140-YV010 is made by pioneer) plus £40-65 for the fitting items

Thank you very much for the useful insight and information. Would you happend to know which ones would be the best atm (to fit in an aygo/108/c1 2015)? Like which model of pioneer or alpine that has carplay? And perhaps where to find the cheapest (in all of EU)?

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2021 at 7:25 PM, JoelNE said:

Hey everybody!

I've got myself an aygo 2015 with the normal 'radio' without the 2015 touch screen. I am now looking to upgrade it with the 2018+ version of the head unit which has the upgraded apple carplay etc. and the 'trademark' 3 buttons on the head unit compared to the 'old' 2 buttons.

I've literally searched everywhere but can not find the part anywhere, I've searched Polish websites, all of the Ebay's and etc. I've found one but had a price tag of 500 gbp which I obviously did not consider.

Can anybody help me or lead me to somewhere where they might have it on stock or anything like that? I've been searching for so long now that I just need someone who maybe has experience in finding spare parts.

I know the head unit is called 86140-YV010 and 86140-YV020 with DAB+

Thank you so much in advance 

Hi I will suggest you that if you have touchscreen then just buy decent phone I spoke to Toyota and they saud touchscreen compatible over Samsung s5 just buy the phone if you have xtouch in your car. This is touch screen in 2017 aygo you can do screen mirroring with Samsung s5. Don't waste money on buying that part because you have to pay for map update 150 £ pounds all the time. 

IMG_20220328_231122.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mushiey said:

Hi I will suggest you that if you have touchscreen then just buy decent phone I spoke to Toyota and they said touchscreen compatible over Samsung s5 just buy the phone if you have xtouch in your car. This is touch screen in 2017 aygo you can do screen mirroring with Samsung s5. Don't waste money on buying that part because you have to pay for map update 150 £ pounds all the time. 

IMG_20220328_231122.jpg

Hi or buy touch screen and then you can do screen mirroring with over Samsung s5 phone. 

Here's how I see the choices:

1) Buy a really old phone that is compatible with Mirrorlink - and be aware that the phone won't have had several years of security patches and hence be at risk from multiple exploits leaving your data at risk.

2) Buy the x-nav add-on and buy a new map micro SD card every year from Toyota at c.£150 - until Toyota stop making map micro SD cards.

3) Swap to a 3 button unit - a plug'n'play swap (no code, no wiring change) and compatible with all the latest phones allowing CarPlay & Android Auto for navigation using Apple Maps and/or Google Maps.

4) Using an adapter fit a third party multimedia/nav single DIN unit - loses the OEM look, needs wiring changes and might end up costing more than 3).

That's the choices that I can see... there may be others?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links