Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid headlight/dip bulbs.

Bernard Foy

Hi, folks this subject may have been covered before. Has anyone tried to upgrade the lighting on a 2019 Yaris Hybrid, all info greatly appreciated. I live in a rural area and although I don’t drive much at night I find the lights could be better.

Which headlight bulbs do you have - HIR2s?

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

How can I find out short of taking one out Mick, ??

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The handbook specifies two types of headlights with different bulbs. Reflector headlight H4. Projector headlight HIR2. I’m not sure which type of headlight I have. You may be able to tell from a picture I posted earlier today, my first effort at posting pictures on this forum. Thanks Mike 👍

Think you have projector headlights - HIR2 bulbs. If they are HIR2 bulbs they are single filament, whereas H4 bulbs are twin filament.

As far as I'm aware, all the Yaris Hybrids have the same HIR2 single filament bulbs.  I'm willing to be proved wrong though.

The only way to be sure, is to take one out and look at it.

My HIR2 bulbs come out ok, but the plug attachments have a strong clip.  I used a small screwdriver to un-latch it.  The bulb then rotates to remove.

If they are HIR2, the best thing is to get a pair from eBay.  They are less than half the price of the Toyota upgrades.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELTA-HIR2-9012-PX22D-VISIONPRO-150-UPGRADE-CAR-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-3700K-12V-55W/184104731099?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Mick.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Hybrids use the HIR2's, I have Philips white vision bulbs that are road legal in mine

Two questions: 1; are they an improvement?? 2;where can they be bought. Question 1 may be irrelevant as you wouldn’t have installed them if they were not an improvement Mike.👍🚗

Yes there a lot crisper white with no blue hue to them unlike some bulbs out there, i had trouble finding them and not paying through the nose for them, they are sold in blister packs of 1

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/9012WVUB1/whitevision-ultra-car-headlight-bulb

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hir2-philips-whitevision-ultra-12v-55w-halogen-bulb.html

Not cheap though, at £60 a pair.  Hope they're worth it.

The Toyota Optiwhites I bought in Nov 2017 cost me £48.77 ............... probably £50odd now?  They only lasted 16,000miles with the vast majority of those miles in broad daylight.  Not worth the money at all, no matter how good they were.

I refitted the originals, and found they were as terrible as I remembered, so went on eBay and bought a pair of even better ones than the Optiwhite for £20odd for the pair.  I'm so pleased with them, I bought a second pair .............  two pairs is cheaper than one pair of Optiwhites.

Mick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links