Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.2 TS? V 1.8

catnash

6 hours ago, Timh21 said:

Nope, bike.  Tea stop at Carmarthen:

y4mWgDMKuzpJJlKtSuMVBTqvSNJ8wd-7AnJF7L_b

Nice.  

We'll just liaising with a dealer about a TS probably buy 1 in the next day or two.  I've absolutely loved the auris 1.2 TS but the lure of easy town driving is too much.   One thing that is bad on the auris is the headlights.

I don't think there is enough space in Chr for a family of four. When I went to the dealership I wanted the new Chr but when I opened the boot I was disapointed. To my surprice next to it was a Corolla TS (in Greece Station Wagons sell less than 1%). It was a no brainer, bought the TS 1,8 and never regred it. The 1.2 is a faster car but I will choose the ecvt all day long. If you want more power and you can afford it go for the 2.0.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mitsos_Hybrid said:

I don't think there is enough space in Chr for a family of four. When I went to the dealership I wanted the new Chr but when I opened the boot I was disapointed. To my surprice next to it was a Corolla TS (in Greece Station Wagons sell less than 1%). It was a no brainer, bought the TS 1,8 and never regred it. The 1.2 is a faster car but I will choose the ecvt all day long. If you want more power and you can afford it go for the 2.0.

We bought a chr a few weeks ago as my wife's Yaris was getting too small.  Don't need any power as my commute and emergency call outs involve a roads including 10 miles of dual carriageway. Things that is a draw for the Corolla is rear vents.  LED Lights and cheap tyre sizes.

40 minutes ago, catnash said:

We bought a chr a few weeks ago as my wife's Yaris was getting too small.  Don't need any power as my commute and emergency call outs involve a roads including 10 miles of dual carriageway. Things that is a draw for the Corolla is rear vents.  LED Lights and cheap tyre sizes.

Rear vents not on all models, you need to see the car exactly you buying, older Corolla ts only excel, trek and gr has it, 2021 design, gr , excel and trek , icon and icon tech does not. 👍

• Like 1

Hi Tony just looked at the video presentation looks like it has vents in the rear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catnash said:

Hi Tony just looked at the video presentation looks like it has vents in the rear.

That’s good then, vents are useful extra. 👍

I looked into changing to a CHR, it would fit in my garage slightly better (shorter bonnet) and would have more room in the back for my golf gear. Unfortunately I hated the dashboard as soon as I saw it. I love the Corolla's colour LCD display as it looks modern and can be set to digital mode. The CHR was analogue. The ECO gauge in particular looked ancient. Like one of those vacuum gauges you sometimes saw on old cars.

Anyway changing my Corolla at 10k miles just for a new car would have been financially silly so I'm happy enough. But my next car has to have a colour LCD screen (or maybe a HUD). I'm not going back to analogue dials any more than I'm going back to a manual gearbox or choke.

• Like 2

Corolla has better dash but rpm cluster not to my likes, I personally prefer the chr style. Please Look at this Corolla dash, can you turn your one the same? 

81E4481B-49F7-44E9-8FBE-D27CAD5258FD.png

508E3CB3-8505-406C-8319-0864651C1100.png

54 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Corolla has better dash but rpm cluster not to my likes, I personally prefer the chr style. Please Look at this Corolla dash, can you turn your one the same? 

81E4481B-49F7-44E9-8FBE-D27CAD5258FD.png

508E3CB3-8505-406C-8319-0864651C1100.png

Tony, you can’t make any changes to the Rev counter in any of the display settings, as it’s an analogue instrument. At first I didn’t agree with it after having an Auris like yours briefly prior, however (especially with the 2.0) it’s interesting to see how the powertrain is behaving. It works well with the 2.0’s paddleshifts too. 

I have set my digital instrument to show the CHARGE/ECO/POWER display also, as I was used to it from the Auris 

2 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

Tony, you can’t make any changes to the Rev counter in any of the display settings, as it’s an analogue instrument. At first I didn’t agree with it after having an Auris like yours briefly prior, however (especially with the 2.0) it’s interesting to see how the powertrain is behaving. It works well with the 2.0’s paddleshifts too. 

I have set my digital instrument to show the CHARGE/ECO/POWER display also, as I was used to it from the Auris 

Agreed, but Lexus CT200h also has a hand like Corolla but you can flip between rpm’s in sport mode or hybrid in any other mode like Auris for example, this Corolla from the pictures is from Asian spec car perhaps it’s all set from factory. 👍

• Like 1

I think it would be a good improvement if all of the Corolla's dash was LCD. I agree that it seems odd to have the rev counter so large. Being able to move the eco/message information part over there would be handy as you could have larger versions of their current display. There would be room to have miles remaining showing at the same time as the eco gauge unlike now. Alternatively you could have the larger eco gauge. I have to admit it doesn't look too bad in the above images.

What amused me about the experience though was the salesman. He couldn't seem to grasp why I would value the appearance of the dashboard over the look of the vehicle. He seemed to think that I should be more concerned with what other people saw when I drove than what I saw when I drove. He was somewhat incredulous when I said that I bought the Corolla more because of its dashboard than its looks.

Ho hum 🙂

Well I've only gone and placed a deposit on a white one.  It's a Toyota approved plus.  But will still go through it with a fine toothed Combe just to be sure it's perfect.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, TonyHSD said:

Rear vents not on all models, you need to see the car exactly you buying, older Corolla ts only excel, trek and gr has it, 2021 design, gr , excel and trek , icon and icon tech does not. 👍

Rear Vents are only standard in the TS models. They also have a little more gear like 2 rows of leds, power plug in the boot and line in under the front usb.

48 minutes ago, Mitsos_Hybrid said:

Rear Vents are only standard in the TS models. They also have a little more gear like 2 rows of leds, power plug in the boot and line in under the front usb.

What are these vents youre talking about?

26 minutes ago, Timh21 said:

What are these vents youre talking about?

Rear vents for air conditioning mounted in the back of front armrest and to serve rear passengers. Excell hatchback has those and all TS and saloons. Here some examples.

0CCEA2BB-9AD5-4E68-9A2E-11A002D0DB94.png

2F0311FC-BF72-4C42-9ADA-FB5623A3AE81.png

F50592C2-21A4-4C0F-BD32-6785906EDD19.png

06B998BC-9F38-412F-A39F-A4735E5E695E.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah vents will great for those in the back.  Esp after cold wet rugby practice.  I like ice cold my side but my wife likes a furnace...

• 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't go well.  Car delivered this morning.  My Auris has gone Double checked where the gentleman who had it before lived on Google earth.  Car sat outside his house with some stickers in the window.  And another older pic with a taxi.  A name search also Turned out he was a taxi driver....In good faith to the dealer as I had asked them various questions especially if it was ex rental or been used as a taxi.  They got confirmation of its use today by asking the man as the next car he got was on motability. It was even a used Toyota plus.  I did ask the dealer as it had done 10000 miles in just under 5 months.  The dealer hasn't any other icon techs in pure white in stock.  It's not their fault but leaves me with a dilemma....

• 4 weeks later...

Did you keep the car in the end or reject it?

On 1/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, AndrueC said:

Manual gearboxes are so last century. I put them in the same category as manual chokes and manual windscreen wipers (by which I mean the old hand operated ones). Time and technology moves on and we should not be subjecting drivers to the drudgery of selecting a gear now that the car can do it for us (and often better than us).

Humans should left to make complex decisions not trivial stuff like selecting drive shaft to engine ratios.

Hardly the same as manual chokes and windscreens dont affect driving control as a manual gearbox gives total control of revs , acceleration and if you take everyting away from driver then they are closer to being a zombie , also driverless cars are pointless , never going to happen to me ,  with all insurance implications , if you just sit in car you may as weel  just sit in bus or train.....My manual corolla estate petrol is perfect and managable for me.

Roger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApophisAstros said:

Hardly the same as manual chokes and windscreens dont affect driving control as a manual gearbox gives total control of revs , acceleration and if you take everyting away from driver then they are closer to being a zombie , also driverless cars are pointless , never going to happen to me ,  with all insurance implications , if you just sit in car you may as weel  just sit in bus or train.....My manual corolla estate petrol is perfect and managable for me.

Roger

I agreed with you but still prefer the automatic over manual for my daily,  just because of traffic and long hours and miles spent in the car, however the real enjoyment comes back always when I had my dad’s manual turbo petrol car. 🚘👌

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Did you keep the car in the end or reject it?

Hey Rolando.  Rejected it and they found me 1 a couple of months older with just under 6 thousand miles.  One that had Toyota as the previous reg keeper but mint inside.  Though did spend a few hours detailing it fully.  mpg is amazing 64 on my commute to work even this weather.

IMG_20210227_094935587_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Glad it had a happy ending. Enjoy it.👍

The colour I would order would be Denim Blue or Scarlet Flare. Excel is nice, like red accents on seats/leather, but to be honest, Icon Tech spec is all you really need.

James👍

That MPG is impressive particularly in this weather. Are you driving normally or trying to drive economically?

4 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

That MPG is impressive particularly in this weather. Are you driving normally or trying to drive economically?

Trying economically tyres set at recommended pressures.  My commute is fairly flat 4 miles a road then 9 miles dual carriageway then 2 miles through town.  Usually 65mpg on the dual carriageway.  Though when I'm called out on emergencies in theatre recovery I go to the speed limit never over.  Normally early hours of the morning with no one else on the road.