Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.2 TS? V 1.8

catnash

Just now, catnash said:

Trying economically tyres set at recommended pressures.  My commute is fairly flat 4 miles a road then 9 miles dual carriageway then 2 miles through town.  Usually 60-65mph on the dual carriageway.  Though when I'm called out on emergencies in theatre recovery I go to the speed limit never over.  Normally early hours of the morning with no one else on the road.

I just filled mine. Can't remember the last time I did that. The dash was showing 58 mpg. My calculation from the pump was 57. That's actually the closest I've seen both figures. It's tolerable for winter but given lockdowns and several battery-charging-on-the-drive sessions from before I got my trickle charger I'm not sure that anything can be deduced from it.

Is it a bad idea to look at any that are Ex-taxi? 

1 hour ago, Rolando1 said:

It depends what are you looking at and the price. I personally would not like an ex taxi car because many people would have been in, the car would have been some sort of fleet, rental, another thing that I don’t like, but buying used one never guaranteed who was the owner and for what purpose they used the car and how, also how they maintained etc. Always worth looking at especially if not too far from you and if not too old car, recently many ph drivers and ph companies has stopped trading and there will be a lots of theirs for sale. 

I have had 2 cars that were private hire cars, not everyone’s cup of tea I know. One was Peugeot 495 estate diesel with more then 300,000 miles on the clock. The owner had every invoice ever spent on the car, impressive, and I knew it had been looked after. It ran really well.            
The other was the first Prius I bought. It had 105,000 miles on the clock, the previous owner had done 50,000 miles in the 2 years he had it. Again, receipts for every service/repair done. And again, although I only did 5,000 miles in the 6 months before I traded it in for my current Gen4 Prius, it went very well.         
So I learnt that private hire drivers looked after their vehicles, after all, it was an important tool of their trade.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very tempted to part ex my current petrol saloon for a Corolla Touring Sport. The diff in mpg will at least be 20 mpg better an best of all it's auto Vs my current manual

38 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very tempted to part ex my current petrol saloon for a Corolla Touring Sport. The diff in mpg will at least be 20 mpg better an best of all it's auto Vs my current manual

Good idea👌, the difference between Toyota hybrids and any other petrol or diesel cars including other non hybrid Toyotas is huge, not only efficiency but in general driving experience. Take two Auris for example as these can be found standard or hybrid, test drive one and then the other and you will notice straightaway. 👍🚙

6 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Ive had ex rental lease cars before. Esp. from motorpoint no problem.  But as this car was sold as 1 owner it was priced accordingly.  I did ask if it had been used as a taxi to which they replied... definitely not a taxi.  

7 minutes ago, catnash said:

Ive had ex rental lease cars before. Esp. from motorpoint no problem.  But as this car was sold as 1 owner it was priced accordingly.  I did ask if it had been used as a taxi to which they replied... definitely not a taxi.....

3 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

My auris touring sport 1.2 was averaging about 42.5 overall so I'm expecting to see the petrol station a bit less as the tank is smaller tank.

I'm seeing more an more of the Corolla TS in my area as taxis. The Octavia and Superb have dominated the taxis last few years here

2 hours ago, catnash said:

My auris touring sport 1.2 was averaging about 42.5 overall so I'm expecting to see the petrol station a bit less as the tank is smaller tank.

Worst Ive got average from a tankful from my TS so far has been 50, and that was after some fairly high speed prolonged motorway and having fun in sport mode. 54-56 is about average for me so far, and this is all worked out with actual fill ups versus miles.  Computer I have to say seems fairly optimistic most of the time  (5-8mpg out)

43mpg (6.5l/100km) last month total brim to brim measured, this is with at least once a week an hour run to recharge the Battery and keep in shape, dashboard shows 49.6mpg though. No surprise here as I know winter is 50 and summer is 60. 👍 

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Good idea👌, the difference between Toyota hybrids and any other petrol or diesel cars including other non hybrid Toyotas is huge, not only efficiency but in general driving experience. Take two Auris for example as these can be found standard or hybrid, test drive one and then the other and you will notice straightaway. 👍🚙

I had a 2020 old model Yaris petrol, 6 speed manual as a courtesy car. I liked the actual car but for me the engine noise in cabin, rather loud and felt sluggish, needed to be revved. Hated the gearbox. Seemed very notchy and not precise. Car had done 1050 miles. Room inside was good. Liked it, but would only consider a hybrid.

James.👍

Because we use Arval Fuel cards everything gets logged and Ive just looked up all the fuel Ive bought for the car since new, allowing for whats now in the tank and potential mileage of that my overall mpg over 3450 miles is 57mpg which is actually better than i imagined, and this has been all in winter pretty much