Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazards keep flashing

Mark1674

Hi I have e a 2000 avensis estate its been sitting a while i started yesterday ran perfectly. today though my hazards are blinking none stop without been turned on when I indicate the otherside still blinking but slower hazards are OK checked fuses seems OK any ideas guys 

Forgot to mention this happens even when car is locked and no key in ignition Battery is fully charged and no problem starting car any idea where relay is save me searching thanks 

Moved to the Avensis club.

The hazards also flash if the alarm is working and activated, but alarm sounder plus the car horns normal sound at the dame time. I would follow Bobs advice, but ask some questions. Is the central locking working? Does the harzards flash when the ignition is off? Is your car the facelift or early version?

Try and unplug the harzard switch and see if what happens. I owned a Mk1 '98, I had an issue with the indicator/light switch, so swapped out the stalk. 

The Haynes manual covers the electrics well and I keep some other info in my archives, from when I owned my old Avensis. 

Locking all works when ignition off and car locked still happens.  When I put hazards on its fine when indicating other side still flashes slowly and dim. Battery was dead put fresh on worked fine nothing happened then 24hrs later looked out window and started flashing and won't stop unless I pull fuse or battery