Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi, new member need help with independent servicing 😁

gRmagler

Hi 
Have placed an order for the GR Yaris thinking it would be like a golf r with service cost etc 🙄 and used to run a nice scooby with high service costs but made it reasonable using independent garages. As a Toyota noob could anyone please point me I the direction of independent garages down south ( don't mind travelling ) to keep the costs 😳 down so I don't get hung drawn and quartered 😂🤣 many thanks 🙏🏻  in advance 😁

Moved to the Yaris club.

Hi, 

Yaris GR is a brand new model and different from any other Toyota therefore an independent garages will not be informed enough well with this vehicle yet. The service as noted in the post above would be 6000 miles or 12 months, perhaps oil change but vital components check might also be carried out by Toyota technicians who will have that qualification. My recommendation is to go Toyota dealer for the first years while warranty is active, or if you want to go otherwise with modifications and loose the warranty there are garages around midlands and north , YouTube is your best source of information., there are few guys already working on these cars. 👍🚗

I'd second what Tony advises. It will probably cost more but, although not obligatory, I would use Toyota for servicing during the warranty period.

Also a better chance of a loyalty gesture if anything goes belly up after expiry of the warranty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpj said:

I'd second what Tony advises. It will probably cost more but, although not obligatory, I would use Toyota for servicing during the warranty period.

Also a better chance of a loyalty gesture if anything goes belly up after expiry of the warranty.

I'd agree with that too....there'll be time to think about finding an Independent when the warranty period expires.

I find our local Mr. T very good actually and we may well stay with them after the warranty expires on my wife's new Yaris. Y20 (well, 1 year old now)

• Like 1

You don’t have to go back to a manufacturers dealer to have servicing done. But the independent garage needs to be vat registered, plus, if you then require a warranty job done by the manufacturer, YOU have to provide receipts AND prove all parts and oils etc are manufacturer approved. 
As has been said, the GR is a brand new model. Why would you spend £20k or more and then wish to move away from the expertise/training that main deal staff have just to save maybe £100 on a service.               
Come the time to sell a car you want to get the most in return for your investment, what looks better.....a main dealer stamp or some independent stamp in the service book/0n line record.              
The GR Yaris will be a big investment, £20+, you spent all that money, why have the hassle to save £100 on a service.???

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Catlover said:

You don’t have to go back to a manufacturers dealer to have servicing done. But the independent garage needs to be vat registered, plus, if you then require a warranty job done by the manufacturer, YOU have to provide receipts AND prove all parts and oils etc are manufacturer approved. 
As has been said, the GR is a brand new model. Why would you spend £20k or more and then wish to move away from the expertise/training that main deal staff have just to save maybe £100 on a service.               
Come the time to sell a car you want to get the most in return for your investment, what looks better.....a main dealer stamp or some independent stamp in the service book/0n line record.              
The GR Yaris will be a big investment, £20+, you spent all that money, why have the hassle to save £100 on a service.???

And on top of that these Yaris GR’s are going to be investment and collectors items , well not soon but guaranteed, perhaps one of the last proper cars with ice and manual awd drive train. , rally homologised car only 25000 ever hand built in Japan 🇯🇵

Tony, what price are these Yaris GR’s??

In the UK prices are £29.995 for the base version and £33,495 for the Circuit pack version.

Based on a modified platform, using a combination from the Yaris and Corolla, with a unique suspension set up. The two door body is also unique to the GR.

Independent dealers won't have access to Toyota Service Bulletins, and won't be able to carry out warranty work, software updates, etc.

• Like 1

Not sure about the Yaris GR, but in the absence of a service book the independent is very unlikely to have access to the online service recording system.

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Tony, what price are these Yaris GR’s??

Now you know the price , are you looking to buy one 😉? If I was about to purchase a new  car that want to keep for myself  and not using it for work this would it be., and no one except Toyota and me would have touch it 🚗👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links