Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2016 SE Cruise Control Help

AWoolford

42 minutes ago, AWoolford said:

It might still be worth the OP checking out Pins 1 and 2 on that 12 pin Clock Spring connector below the steering column.

ADF896AC-C515-4662-89D2-0D8C02CAD6FC.png

If they are present, short them together momentarily with the engine running and see if any lights come on the instrument cluster.

I tried by installing CC stalk(4 pin) but nothing happened. 

IMG-20220116-WA0024.jpg

Did you check the 12 pin connector underneath to see if pins 1 and 2 are installed in the loom going back to the ECU?  Do they have any volts if you were to measure them with a multimeter?

The reason I ask is that all these variations often use common parts, which might mean that there could be some version of your vehicle (maybe under a different name or body style or Badge even) that uses the same engine / gearbox combination with a cruise control.

If there is no wiring installed or there are no volts on the pins, then it is very doubtful.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 5:01 PM, AWoolford said:

I have been googling and found a number of 1.3L CVT GLi spec Yaris in Pakistan.  Sadly not very detailed spec, but you'd think a GLi would have CC.

Any luck with North/South America, or Canada maybe?

Could you see if that market might have what we need?

I realise the engine code 1NR is specific to this basic model I have, but I was thinking if another 1.3 vehicle with CVT has CC, perhaps it would be a different engine code but still maybe the ECU would be compatible?

What do you think?

I'd like to avoid an engine swap but maybe if I found a 1.5 written off and going cheap? 🤔

GCC Yaris year model 2018 & afterword's have cruise control wiring & CC light in dashboard. Yaris is launched after 2018, so Those vehicles also support CC option with some additional wiring as may seen on YouTube videos.

I have Yaris 2015 in Saudi Arabia which also don't have CC light in Dash board, pin in steering wheel connector, or wiring from steering wheel connector to ECU. I have attached pictures of my Yaris. 

I will suggest you to If you are going to change the engine, then better to change the vehicle from Yaris to corolla for the year model. It may cost you around 5000~8000 AED to change from Yaris to Corolla but you will have the satisfaction for not having much modifications / alterations in vehicle ECU, Engine & Gearbox. Also, Corolla have 15 inch wheel size, more weight, 4 disk breaks, adjustable headlights, extra cabin space, extra boot space, 4 Speakers. etc. I am thinking about to do the same. 

I have seen some youtube videos, reflecting to connect CC cable to ECU pin number *(I forget). One day I will give it a try. Maybe it will work. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 7.46.59 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 7.46.59 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 7.46.59 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 7.46.58 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 7.46.59 PM (2).jpeg

The project was successfully completed last year without an engine change.  This was a 2017 GCC Yaris and the wiring in the dash and instrument cluster lamps were already fitted for CC.  The changes needed were a CC stalk and new clock spring assembly on the steering column with the extra pins (which actually did come from a Corolla) and the ECU which was changed from an 89661-0U270 to 89661-0U350.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links