Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Trek Hybrid (I never knew it existed)

TomToyota94

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well?

I recently picked up this Corolla Trek from my local dealership (Helensburgh Toyota). I have never seen this model variant before until recently.

What do you all think of it?

• Like 2

Think it went on sale in August.

• Like 1

Probably one of the best of all TS Corolla in my opinion, looks good, 3cm higher but not suv, same performance as others but that tiny bit of ground clearance can be very useful when driving in bad weather, snow, madd and generally  poor roads.  Vegan interior as standard and an old fashioned wooden trim around the dash plus rear seat air con vents, what not to like. To me seems like a great car. 👍

3FA56F71-322D-4037-8344-03FAD2CC3E10.jpeg

7082F82C-6909-4800-9C3F-8A8695F8E2E2.jpeg

6AF7103F-FFBD-4320-8CAA-9AFBC57DF6A3.jpeg

0C0AC71E-4AE4-4AE9-B74B-C476EBA71208.jpeg

CADF9B4D-50F4-48A9-8DF9-C0BC34079C05.jpeg

7BEE0DFF-905A-45E4-A9F6-7E98DD5FC23C.jpeg

• Like 1

So it's a soft-roader or a replacement for the verso, the interior looks like it will show every mark a bit like the gen 4 Yaris Excel

• Like 1

I do like it but not the trim round the wheel arches. 

Seats prefer the new ones in leather/part leather with the large red strip on the edges in excel trim on a 20 plate.

James.👍

• Like 1

Nothing like verso, or soft roader it’s more like Passat all track just higher up a bit, in Japan they even have an awd from Prius , and in Germany many if not all  Corolla TS has the same high position suspension . Just another variation of the estate. I notice these are not favourable in Uk which will make them great second hand deal. Maybe one day good replacement for my old Auris. 😉👌

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Think it went on sale in August.

So quite recent, must be why I never knew about it. What do you think of the Trek?

On 1/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, TonyHSD said:

Nothing like verso, or soft roader it’s more like Passat all track just higher up a bit, in Japan they even have an awd from Prius , and in Germany many if not all  Corolla TS has the same high position suspension . Just another variation of the estate. I notice these are not favourable in Uk which will make them great second hand deal. Maybe one day good replacement for my old Auris. 😉👌

Yeah I did think that, it will make a great second hand car in a few years :)

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, TonyHSD said:

Probably one of the best of all TS Corolla in my opinion, looks good, 3cm higher but not suv, same performance as others but that tiny bit of ground clearance can be very useful when driving in bad weather, snow, madd and generally  poor roads.  Vegan interior as standard and an old fashioned wooden trim around the dash plus rear seat air con vents, what not to like. To me seems like a great car. 👍

3FA56F71-322D-4037-8344-03FAD2CC3E10.jpeg

7082F82C-6909-4800-9C3F-8A8695F8E2E2.jpeg

6AF7103F-FFBD-4320-8CAA-9AFBC57DF6A3.jpeg

0C0AC71E-4AE4-4AE9-B74B-C476EBA71208.jpeg

CADF9B4D-50F4-48A9-8DF9-C0BC34079C05.jpeg

7BEE0DFF-905A-45E4-A9F6-7E98DD5FC23C.jpeg

It is very nice!

Similar to cars like the Ford Focus Active, Fiesta Active, Hyundai i20 Active, Skoda Roomster Scout, VW Polo Cross, etc, etc. Concept dates back to cars like the 2003 Rover 25 Streetwise.

Raised ride height, SUV type styling (body mouldings), etc.

Suits those who don't want or need an SUV, and fills a gap in a manufacturer's range until an SUV comes along. For example Toyota will be bringing in a similar sized SUVfor Europe within a couple of years.

Personally I like the Corolla Trek.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just took delivery of my new Toyota Corolla Trek in Sterling Silver. It's replacing my 2018 Auris Excel Touring Sport. I really like the practicality and look of the estate/tourer (I've already owned two Auris Touring Sports) and with a little bit extra ground clearance, the Trek seemed ideal for my needs. I do a lot of driving in rural areas and had a couple of very minor lower scuffs on the bottom edge of the front bumpers/lower skirt of my Auris's in the past due to poor local roads, verges etc.

I'm really enjoying the new Corolla Trek. Everything just a bit more refined than my Auris. Still getting used to it as it does feel like a change in seating and driving position. 

I like the power tailgate for when hands full or tailgate very dirty/wet. Looking forward to getting to know this car better over next few weeks.

• Like 2

It do look a bit 'sharper' and stands out from the crowd. In Denmark it's only comes with the 1.8 liter engine. The higher trims cannot be selected when buying Trek, I dont know why, makes no sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The trek grows on me by the day, I really like exterior plus interior kind of brighter and I believe the seats are way more comfortable than GR or Excel version, although they look very nice. 1.8 will be sufficient for day to day drive, my friend has a gr hatch 2.0 now and not happy with mpg, he said doesn’t push it and only gets 45mpg, mostly motorways. In some eu countries the TS versions comes with the same height suspension as trek, Germany for example. , that’s easier to get in and out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

The trek grows on me by the day, I really like exterior plus interior kind of brighter and I believe the seats are way more comfortable than GR or Excel version, although they look very nice. 1.8 will be sufficient for day to day drive, my friend has a gr hatch 2.0 now and not happy with mpg, he said doesn’t push it and only gets 45mpg, mostly motorways. In some eu countries the TS versions comes with the same height suspension as trek, Germany for example. , that’s easier to get in and out. 

Hi Tony. It's growing on me too. You can get some good used deals on them, newer and less miles than others. I do like a light interior and the trek does that. I would probably have it in Scarlet Flare or Denim Blue! Black suits it too. 

1.8 in my Auris Hybrid is more than adequate and would choose same in a Corolla. Better MPG than a 2 litre, I have read.

James.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I did 430 miles (round trip) in my 2.0 TS on Tuesday from Cheshire to Exeter. I had a boot full of tools (40kg maybe) and a passenger, I got 54mpg on the way (was freezing when I left). And 52mpg on the return. this was at 70mph with cruise control on pretty much all the way. With only 2000 miles on when I left, I’d say it’s got more to give when it’s got a few miles on. 

• Like 2

For me it was between the pearlescent scarlet flare or pearlescent sterling silver and after sleepless nights went for sterling silver and I don't regret it. The pearlescent silver picks up all the different highlights and colours depending on lighting. Hopefully easier to keep as well.

This motor show video on youtube sold me on the Trek.

https://youtu.be/4yhgpbdYOhs

The only strange thing is in UK  with the Trek trim, you get no other options to add. You choose a 1.8 or 2litre, the colour and whether you want to pay for red or black mirror covers. There are no other options to add. Unusual not to try and part you with more money.

I'm also happy with the 1.8, as I don't really need any more power and went for the fuel economy option, but I can see appeal of 2.0l with that step up in power for not a huge hit in fuel on paper. 

I really like the interior colour and wood trim effect in the Trek, it's just a little different and externally the look just keeps growing on me. 

For current Auris owners, in my view the newer engine in the Corolla does seem better tuned, just feels smoother and quieter and responds better to input in normal mode and Sports mode. The Eco mode does feel very muted at low speeds, pulling away etc more so I think than the Auris or I'm being extra light on throttle with a new car.

• Thanks 1

When I first bought my Auris I always used it in eco mode. Now it's always in normal mode.

As you say in eco I find the pedal pressure/resistance a bit odd. Normal seems better and Power mode very good.

James.