Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV 4 Multi media capabilities/options

Ian Osprey

Hi

I have a 2015 RAV4 Invincible that doesn't have SatNav. It does have a reverse camera. The head unit is a 510014(see photo)

Toyota want £870 to add that functionality.

Is it a case of swapping head units? That is can i simply change to a unit from an AYGO, for instance?

Is there an option to mirror an android device onto the car's media screen? I  ask as when I plug my phone into the USB connection, my phone says "phone is connected to your car via mirroring" then goes blank, but I don't see it on the car's system.

Finally does anyone know a tried and tested 3rd party way to mirror my phone to the car's system.

Thanks, Ian.

20210129_150117.jpg

The Aygo multimedia system (shared with the Peugeot 108/Citroen C1) is a completely different system to yours, which would be a Touch 2. The cost of adding the sat nav module would also include fitting the gps antenna.

Thanks, that's good to know. The AYGO one I saw on eBay looked similar. Just as well I asked 😁

I’m surprised that you haven’t got sat nav on a top of the range rav4, I had a T180 rav 4 2006 and that had sat nav, to be honest I wouldn’t spend the money upgrading your vehicle to the Toyota sat nav as it’s not that brilliant, much better spending money on a decent Tom Tom which picks up mobile speed cameras the Toyota sat nav won’t The only thing is of course it’s not built in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links