Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Hybrid AWD confirmation

tony.w

Can anyone let me know a quick way to identify a 2017 Rav4 hybrid AWD, talking to a sales person and he had to check but it would be helpfull to know myself without lying down and looking underneath though as im led to believe the rear wheels on the hybrid AWD is motor powered. I suppose the MMI screen would show a motor when in use? have i just answered my own question eitherway would be nice if theres a Badge or switch somthing thats a givaway without turning the ignition on.

Thankyou

Well the good news is that, although you are correct in how to identify the AWD, the good news is that it only works at low speed - up to 20mph so you won't have to go far or fast to be sure !.

It is very subtle, but works. There is no Badge or switch. Don't have old files but from memory it isn't available on lowest spec models, but I could be wrong.

Are you aware of the tax change for these in 2017 ?. Cars registered before 31st March 2017 are £20 per year, from 1st of April £130 per year. Salesman didn't know this when I got mine and tried to push me onto a newer one - I was lucky to find one of the first with TSS in the right colour registered before the increase.

Thanks for heads up, didnt know about the increase in road tax we have just bought a 07/2016 Hybrid so im guessing we will be in the £20 zone

I’m sure all wheel drive had a AWD Badge on rear. This is from 17 reg

B5446D8E-710B-4345-B371-D89CD27749E3.jpeg

20 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

I’m sure all wheel drive had a AWD badge on rear. This is from 17 reg

B5446D8E-710B-4345-B371-D89CD27749E3.jpeg

The 2.0 petrol might have that Badge whereas the hybrid has the 'hybrid' Badge under 'RAV4' instead

• Thanks 1

Must be an extra AWD button in AWD versions then. Can’t think of anything else other than physically looking 

Mine is 2016 hybrid, no Badge, it goes into four wheel drive automatically, worked a treat on sheet ice on hills

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links