Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is a Granvia the same as a hiace

Hels38

Hi there, 

I am hoping you could shed some light on something for me. I own a Granvia diesel automatic, with land cruiser engine and I can’t rate it enough. It is a campervan conversion and we love it. However I would like to buy a tailgate awning. the Granvia is never an option and I am wondering if an awning that fits a hiace would be compatible with a Granvia ? Are the two models one in the same? I would also like to know this, if it requires any parts in the future. Hope you can help.

It is largely the same as the Hiace Powervan that was sold in Europe up to 2012. However a different version of the Hiace was sold in Japan and other countries.

Welcome, Helen...most tailgate awnings (of similar size vans) are quite flexible as to what vehicle they can be used on..you could of course consider a drive away awning instead..that way you don't have to have the tailgate permanently open to support the awning.

Parts-wise..it's always worth having a look on such websites as Toyodiy or Megazip...if you pop in your frame number then you'll be able to find OEM part numbers...always handy to have when searching for parts.

Oh thanks very much for the advice xx think il have to buy the awning and hope it fits. We do have a drive away side awning for holidays, but I thought the tailgate one would be better for an overnight stay or a weekend away.

Edited by Hels38
More

Agree...a tailgate awning is great for those overnight stays where the vehicle doesn't have to move.

I've used both with my Estima at various times.