Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse camera

paul9676

Hello . I have a 2015 Aygo mk2 and looking to install a reverse camera. Behind my touchscreen radio is the Camera wires as when i select R the screen turns Blank. I wondering as the wires are at the front of car in the Loom. Will the wire plug be at the Rear of the car tucked away somewhere ready for camera to be plugged into. If so roughly where will it be placed. Thank you 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi28vbz1MbuAhVDUcAKHYatD_sQFjAAegQIBxAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carcommunications.co.uk%2Ftoyota-aygo-reversing-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidelines&usg=AOvVaw1i5cFxAme5Fnf3qaIIidHa

Found this on google hope it helps I would imagine that if you have found the wires behind the head unit that they will exit on the hatch probably near the number plate, you will have to remove the trim that covers the inside of the hatch to find out, Toyota may even do an aftermarket kit ask your local dealer.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:37 PM, paul9676 said:

Hello . I have a 2015 Aygo mk2 and looking to install a reverse camera. Behind my touchscreen radio is the Camera wires as when i select R the screen turns Blank. I wondering as the wires are at the front of car in the Loom. Will the wire plug be at the Rear of the car tucked away somewhere ready for camera to be plugged into. If so roughly where will it be placed. Thank you 

Hi Paul,

Just done this on my Mk 1, which I appreciate has (or in my case HAD) a different head unit.

The Mk2 appears to have a 4/6 pin connector block on the back of the head unit AND the “factory fit” camera.  So, it the wires are pre fitted in the boot area, then you could buy a factory fit/2nd hand factory fit camera and off you go.

If the existing wiring does not contain the connector block, then I would guess it starts getting (relatively) expensive.  The cameras alone are going for about £50 on eBay (2nd hand), compared to about £10-£15 for a new “standard” one without the block.

So if the block in the boot isn’t there, you’d probably be looking at (if keeping existing head unit), wiring from boot to head unit, camera with connector block.  Starts getting expensive.....

If looking to replace the head unit (I put in a Sony unit), then now may well be a good time to do it (depends on budget of course)?

When we ordered our Aygo and specified the X-touch multimedia unit as part of the order, the car had the rear diffuser replaced (gloss black in place of matt black) - presumably as that had the housing for the rear camera.

Another option, I fitted reverse camera to our Peugeot 108 using a camera kit integrated into a number plate lens. I bought an adapter lead that plugs into back of touchscreen from Car Solutions and then a reverse camera kit from AliExpress and some additional wiring all for about £35. While I was doing it I did notice a wiring plug behind the bumper between bumper and metal skin/crash structure., I suspected that was the correct plug for a pukka reverse camera, but as 2nd hand /scrappy reverse cameras were going for about £60-£70 at the time, I chose the car solutions and AliExpress camera route as someone else had done it, so I knew it worked and it was half the price and no drilling holes in bumpers/trim etc.  It was all fairly plug n play the only slight problem was the number plate light holder with camera needed modifying to allow the standard number plate bulb holder to fit, but quick go with my hobby tool sorted it. 

• 1 year later...

Hi puglet, what additional wiring did you use and how did you connect it? I have connected the oem cable to my Peugeot 108 media unit and the camera wires are connected to the reverse light. It did mention that I need to connect to the acc line but I'm abit lost.

Aftermarket unit are avaible that connect to existing car reversing screens camera mounts just above number plate at right angle near number plate light.

Renove rear door ie boot trim and have a look at your wiring harness for wires that only become live when car is in reverse take a picture of anythink you may plug into.

12 hours ago, Jkay94 said:

Hi puglet, what additional wiring did you use and how did you connect it? I have connected the oem cable to my Peugeot 108 media unit and the camera wires are connected to the reverse light. It did mention that I need to connect to the acc line but I'm abit lost.

Not sure what you using or how you trying to do it, but I bought a 'special' adapter from Car Solutions which plugs into the back of the touchscreen, you then just connect pos (+), neg(-) and rca video from this adapter run wires to the camera at the rear, connect up and it should all work. I didn't touch rear/reverse wiring at all as the adapter does it and beauty this solution is you leave stock wiring unmolested.

The 'additional wiring' was just extra length of pos(+) and neg(-) cable to reach from front to back of the car cos camera kit came with 5m rca video lead, but very short pos/neg wire. 

4 hours ago, Puglet said:

Not sure what you using or how you trying to do it, but I bought a 'special' adapter from Car Solutions which plugs into the back of the touchscreen, you then just connect pos (+), neg(-) and rca video from this adapter run wires to the camera at the rear, connect up and it should all work. I didn't touch rear/reverse wiring at all as the adapter does it and beauty this solution is you leave stock wiring unmolested.

The 'additional wiring' was just extra length of pos(+) and neg(-) cable to reach from front to back of the car cos camera kit came with 5m rca video lead, but very short pos/neg wire. 

They are only short as you ground it in the boot and the power come from the reverse light

15 hours ago, Jkay94 said:

how have you connected the video to the radio some cars have the oem plug behind the radio, but it only goes as far as the footwell, and it doesn't have the wiring to the bumper for the factory camera

how many wires are on the camera and what type of camera is it ?

To fit an aftermarket camera to an oem radio, you require a Camera Addition Cable like a Connects2 CAM-TY5-AD or Incartec 27-226

https://incartec.co.uk/product/Add-camera-OEM-Aygo-Citroen-C1-Peugeot-108-X-Touch-X-Nav-monitor-8-pin-connector-27-226

i can confirm this works with the xNav, xTouch and tripleplay radios

Just to confirm, the 'special' adapter or camera additions cable is same as link that flash lists above, since I did ours few years ago seen a few other suppliers selling it again as listed above. The aftermarket camera I got only had pos (+), neg(-) and rca video connections as per the adapter.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:49 PM, Jkay94 said:

hi i am attempting to do the same do you remember what colour the wire was for the  reversing light for the power source ..?

Pin 2 on the 28 pin connector (red)

socket view or wire side of the plug

2096446623_touch28pin.thumb.jpg.4f067388a3500eecab22c7c3202b2d41.jpg

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Pin 2 on the 28 pin connector (red)

socket view or wire side of the plug

2096446623_touch28pin.thumb.jpg.4f067388a3500eecab22c7c3202b2d41.jpg

thanks was hoping to find it in the boot area ,,will it be the same colour ,,?

Yes, pull it from the reverse bulb (should be red on pin 2), if it's the OEM camera the adapter goes behind the radio

2025350905_KGB40rearlights.jpg.210842f9cdbf2be2ef7c014f32ed2eb5.jpg

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Yes, pull it from the reverse bulb (should be red on pin 2), if it's the OEM camera the adapter goes behind the radio

2025350905_KGB40rearlights.jpg.210842f9cdbf2be2ef7c014f32ed2eb5.jpg

hi thanks for this ,,i turned the reverse light on to check it worked ok ,,i pulled the plug out ,,and put it back in ,,and now the revering light not working ,,? could you tell me where the fuses are located for it ,,can only find fuses in engine bay ,,cant find other set ,,?

22 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's in the internal fuse box (passenger side dashboard)

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-scion-iq-2008-2015-fuses-and-relay

hi sorry but its not ,,in in the driver side underneath the dash need to lie on your back to get into it horrible place to put a fuse box took me an hour to find it ,,,

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links