Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uk Rav4 have Digital Rear-view Mirror

xk60

50 minutes ago, xk60 said:

Does uk Rav4 Dynamic  have Digital Rear-view Mirror ??

Not as standard in any model, it could be an option, maybe just try and build one and see if you can add it? 

57 minutes ago, 182_blue said:

Not as standard in any model, it could be an option, maybe just try and build one and see if you can add it? 

Not a option 😪

like a few other tings US & Canadian models can have including:

• ventilated front seats with 3 stage heating
  • heated rear seats
  • heated front windscreen
  • heated washer nozzles
  • cordless phone charger
  • kick sensor to open/close boot
  • paddle shifters

I'd have paid another £2k or so to have these, but not available at all in the UK - once again we seem to be a poor relation.

Also, the RAV4 plug-in (aka "Prime") in the USA & Canada has a spare wheel, which ours cannot have (unless you buy all the bits (including tools and boot fittings) yourself.

I really curse Toyota UK and tried very had to find a car that met my requirement from another manufacturer - I was really keen on the latest Honda C-RV which has a new 2-motor Hybrid system that has been said by a number of US reviewers to have overtaking the Toyota Hybrid system with it's ability to mimic all of the THS modes of operation with an even cleverer format.  It also has a Head Up Display, which Prius have had since 2009, but the Honda's lack of a spare wheel was the main thing that swung me back to Toyota.  Other Hybrids had dual clutch gearboxes or other things that put me off, as I so love the THS' relaxing, smooth gearless progress.

• 6 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 9:26 PM, PeteB said:

like a few other tings US & Canadian models can have including:

• ventilated front seats with 3 stage heating
  • heated rear seats
  • heated front windscreen
  • heated washer nozzles
  • cordless phone charger
  • kick sensor to open/close boot
  • paddle shifters

I'd have paid another £2k or so to have these, but not available at all in the UK - once again we seem to be a poor relation.

Also, the RAV4 plug-in (aka "Prime") in the USA & Canada has a spare wheel, which ours cannot have (unless you buy all the bits (including tools and boot fittings) yourself.

I really curse Toyota UK and tried very had to find a car that met my requirement from another manufacturer - I was really keen on the latest Honda C-RV which has a new 2-motor Hybrid system that has been said by a number of US reviewers to have overtaking the Toyota Hybrid system with it's ability to mimic all of the THS modes of operation with an even cleverer format.  It also has a Head Up Display, which Prius have had since 2009, but the Honda's lack of a spare wheel was the main thing that swung me back to Toyota.  Other Hybrids had dual clutch gearboxes or other things that put me off, as I so love the THS' relaxing, smooth gearless progress.

Its such a sham Toyota UK selling Tier 2 Car and charging Tier 1 trim price. I Paid deposit for Plugin Dynamic Premium and Toyota if Digital Rearview Mirror and 360 Bird-eye parking camera included, after deposit, they informed, the UK version doesn't cover those options. RAV 4 US and Canada version is a different car as compared to the UK version but UK version is more pricy somehow. Very strange and seems no one care for missing those goodies here in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Will A said:

but UK version is more pricy somehow. 

largely due to tax treatment & smaller volumes.

What is also strange is that in the US they only get the 3.3Kw charger rather than the 6.6Kw. I totally agree that the UK is missing a lot of kit that could so easily be incorporated, I know this has been well aired but I thought it would have come with the kick boot opener and no it does not.

4 hours ago, Will A said:

Its such a sham Toyota UK selling Tier 2 Car and charging Tier 1 trim price. I Paid deposit for Plugin Dynamic Premium and Toyota if Digital Rearview Mirror and 360 Bird-eye parking camera included, after deposit, they informed, the UK version doesn't cover those options. RAV 4 US and Canada version is a different car as compared to the UK version but UK version is more pricy somehow. Very strange and seems no one care for missing those goodies here in the UK. 

Volume, factories and tax work against us.

We are a relatively small and awkward market requiring a car to meet high EU safety and environmental requirements plus RHD a specification not required elsewhere add in cost of transport from Japan resulting in sometimes lower specs and higher cost when compared to other markets.

North America is practically an exact opposite excluding safety requirements they generally have lower environmental requirements allowing sales of conventional engine cars alongside hybrid & PHEV into the  largest market going add in two North American factories building the Rav4 they can offer a cheaper car with a wider range of models and options

The US can not get enough of the RAV4 PHEV’s currently, they still enjoy a Federal Tax relief ($10k) and also State grants ($5k). The dealers are marking up new cars by adding minor options and charging extra. Some buyers are happy to get the car and fly from the southern states to New England and drive the car home. They don’t seem to be able to pre order and just have to agree a deal when the car is in stock from what I’ve seen.

Most of the UK grants have evaporated.

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

What is also strange is that in the US they only get the 3.3Kw charger rather than the 6.6Kw. I totally agree that the UK is missing a lot of kit that could so easily be incorporated, I know this has been well aired but I thought it would have come with the kick boot opener and no it does not.

Remember that US houses electrical systems run on 110V not 220/240 so would have to run at 2x the current for the same wattage. It is 1 of the reasons that you will rarely see an electric kettle in the US.

I used to think that too but apparently it's not completely true - Apparently they use this weird centre-tapped 240v system which effectively supplies two 120v sources, but they do have access to the whole 240v for things that need it, e.g. electric cookers, heaters, AC and such; Most EV people in the USA have a full 240v circuit running to their charger.

Amusing but enlightening video: