Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Yaris Hybrid TNGA - Recall Programme Campaign: VGG79 Rear Seat Belt Anchor Bracket

CPN

Not sure if anyone else has had this yet but thought I would post it here as I just received my letter from Toyota GB yesterday. Here is an extract:

At Toyota we place the highest priority on the quality of our vehicles and we are constantly monitoring the performance of our vehicles through a variety of sources. From time to time, we may become aware of a situation where a certain component or aspect of the vehicle does not meet our strict standards and that is why we are writing to you today.

What is the condition?

it has come to our attention that in the rear centre seat, due to an improper manufacturing of the metal seat belt anchor bracket, there is a possibility that the seat belt may be damaged by the sharp edge of the bracket during an impact of a collision. If this were to occur, in the worst case, the seat belt could break and not properly restrain the occupant.

What should you do?

Our records show that your vehicle is amongst those subject to this campaign. Please contact your local Official Toyota Centre as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have the necessary remedy work carried out to the seat belt anchor bracket, free of charge. You can find your nearest dealer in the enclosed directory or on our website by visiting www.toyota.co.uk.

If you have any questions, call us on 0800 044 3720. Our lines are open 8am - 8pm, every day.

• Like 1

I've got my letter last Wednesday (27th) about the recall. It was very interesting as I have received a recall for exactly same issue for my Yaris Hybrid 2018 model when I bought it back in 2018.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links