Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Common Issues and Modifications

Morning84McFc

Good Evening, I am now the proud owner of a 2017 Proace van and looking for a bit of help please. First of all, when I over half lock the steering wheel in either direction when turning there is a whining noise that can only be described as a strangled cat? The volume wheel on the radio is really weird, when turning to increase the volume the volume actually goes up and down. This must be a common issue?

Apologies if these have been answered before, new to the forum and finding my way around. Oh, any ideas for Mods please? Initial small jobs to start with until we get to spring and it's warmer. The van is being used as a works van, I am a spark so any ideas for shelving or racking would be awesome. Thanks guys looking forward to contributing and I'll share my own thoughts, ideas and DIY's when I can,

Dave :-)

Hello !

I have the same issue of the steering wheel on my proace verso 2018. I'm taking it in for a check out at toyota tomorrow morning. I also have problems withe de back door some times it does not open ? I don't know if this is a common problem ?

• 4 months later...
On 1.2.2021 at 01:30, Morning84McFc said:

Guten Abend, ich bin jetzt stolzer Besitzer eines 2017er Proace Vans und suche bitte ein bisschen Hilfe. Erstens, wenn ich beim Drehen das Lenkrad in beide Richtungen mehr als halb einsperre, gibt es ein jammerndes Geräusch, das nur als erwürgte Katze bezeichnet werden kann? Das Lautstärkerad am Radio ist wirklich seltsam, beim Drehen zum Erhöhen der Lautstärke geht die Lautstärke tatsächlich auf und ab. Das muss ein häufiges Problem sein?

Entschuldigung, falls diese schon einmal beantwortet wurden, neu im Forum und zurechtfindend. Oh, irgendwelche Ideen für Mods bitte? Erste kleine Arbeiten für den Anfang, bis es im Frühling wärmer wird. Der Van wird als Werkswagen verwendet, ich bin ein Funke, also wären Ideen für Regale oder Regale großartig. Danke Jungs, die sich darauf freuen, einen Beitrag zu leisten, und ich werde meine eigenen Gedanken, Ideen und DIYs teilen, wenn ich kann.

Dave 🙂

Hey, 
I myself am self-employed as a parquet layer and use my vehicle for many transports. I also thought about which in-vehicle system would be the best. I decided on the FR5 system from Sortimo. https://www.mysortimo.us/en_US/products/van-racking
The large, compact drawers make it possible to quickly stow away all items.  In addition, the whole thing also looks highly professional. I hope that I could help you further 🙂

• 2 years later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, Toyota proace verso said:

Hello !

I have the same issue of the steering wheel on my proace verso 2018. I'm taking it in for a check out at toyota tomorrow morning. I also have problems withe de back door some times it does not open ? I don't know if this is a common problem ?

Did you get to the bottom of this? I’ve just bought a verso and it’s doing the same (whining steering).

Is it just the steering column boot? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, Toyota proace verso said:

Hello !

I had the back door issue a while back. It just suddenly wouldn’t open. I took it to the dealer and of course it opened. Later it didn’t (!) so I told them and they ordered in a new electrical part inside the back door, I forget what it was called I’m sorry, but it’s been fine ever since. Done under warranty btw.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links